Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zurdo Ramirez On Bivol Title Shot: It's Time For Revenge, For My Mexican People

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Zurdo Ramirez On Bivol Title Shot: It's Time For Revenge, For My Mexican People

The ruling handed down was more crucial than ever to what Gilberto 'Zurdo' Ramirez needs to accomplish. A shot at the WBA light heavyweight title remains in play for the Mexican southpaw, who awaits the next steps for his mandatory shot at reigning champ Dmitry Bivol. The fight's status was on hold as the WBA reviewed a request by Matchroom Boxing seeking permission for Bivol to instead next face Joshua Buatsi.
    [Click Here To Read More]

War Zurdo! Represent Mexico to the fullest! Lets see what bivol does with a size disadvantage vs a Mexican!
    Marvin Santiago Marvin S likes this.

Comment

Ramirez saying everyone wants to see this fight is a bit delusional. I don’t care to see it but as we’ve seen several times before, elite champions have to sometimes get rid of these annoying entitled mandatories who haven’t beaten anyone before making the real fights that matter in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
        Ramirez saying everyone wants to see this fight is a bit delusional. I don’t care to see it but as we’ve seen several times before, elite champions have to sometimes get rid of these annoying entitled mandatories who haven’t beaten anyone before making the real fights that matter in the division.
        What did you think of the schooling Jake Paul gave to Rahman? Pretty impressive how a guy with 1 year of boxing can be so much better and thoroughly dominate someone who’s been doing it their entire life.
        Last edited by Chris Hanson; 08-11-2022, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Looking forward to this one! Would be a nice Christmas gift for the fans!
          Marvin Santiago Marvin S likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Javcar View Post

What did you think of the schooling Jake Paul gave to Rahman? Pretty impressive how a guy with 1 year of boxing can be so much better and thoroughly dominate someone who’s been doing it their entire life.
            didn’t bother watching the entire sparring. Saw maybe 5 min and was unimpressed by either. Too bad rahman couldn’t fulfill his end of the contract to see what what would’ve happened in a real match.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
              He meant everybody in Mexico, is what I think he meant. This fight is a pretty good fight for the diehards, seen quite a few posters saying they're down with it. I dont think this fits the "annoying entitled mandatory that hasnt beaten anyone" bill per say... that's a bit harsh don't you think? We will have to agree to disagree if that's your true sentiment. Also, to my knowledge the only other fights better then this would be a rematch with Canelo or the beterbiev fight for all the marbles no? Correct me if I'm wrong... Oh and you feel bivol Will just get "rid" of Ramirez like that?! Sheesh I think zurdo deserves and has earned a bit more respect then you're showing with that comment my guy
              ​​​​

​​
              Last edited by Robi13; 08-11-2022, 08:14 AM.

Comment

You went life and death with Jesse Hart. For sure you gonna take revenge.
                AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post

He meant everybody in Mexico, is what I think he meant. This fight is a pretty good fight for the diehards, seen quite a few posters saying they're down with it. I dont think this fits the "annoying entitled mandatory that hasnt beaten anyone" bill per say... that's a bit harsh don't you think? We will have to agree to disagree if that's your true sentiment. Also, to my knowledge the only other fights better then this would be a rematch with Canelo or the beterbiev fight for all the marbles no? Correct me if I'm wrong... Oh and you feel bivol Will just get "rid" of Ramirez like that?! Sheesh I think zurdo deserves and has earned a bit more respect then you're showing with that comment my guy
                  ​​​​

​​
                  to your point, the main fight i care to see is the unification with beterbiev. Beterbiev is getting up there in age so my frustration as a fan is i’d rather see them fight next than have to wait probably 2 years. As boxing fans we’ve missed out on too many meaningful fights and have to deal with the “what if” they had fought. But obviously with boxing politics it doesn’t work that way because of mandatories (Ramirez) and rematch clauses (Canelo). Ramírez has 40 plus wins and if I’m not mistaken, the best win he has is Jesse hart? Canelo lost a clear decision to bivol so in an ideal world, let canelo and Ramírez fight to earn that shot while the unification happens instead of them getting in line ahead of the most meaningful fight that can be made in the division. But as I said, that’s just in an ideal world.

Comment

Zurdo shouldn't have to chase Bivol for Mexican revenge. That's the wrong angle to play, because Canelo doesn't represent Mexico. Canelo needs to redeem himself as a man, this has nothing to do with Mexico. Canelo doesn't feel warm fuzzy feelings towards Mexico, he ain't giving fans the fights they wanna see, Canelo cares only about himself, and about cherry picking, and it finally bit him in his little cherry red ass. Canelo prefers to be the cash cow and fight Euro bums and other well timed and/or carefully selected opponents and make tons of money, which is fine, but he would never give serious, credible, worthy opponents like Andrade, Benavidez and Zurdo the opportunity to feed their families. So where is Canelo's love for Mexico?
                    AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X