Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Details Training Camp With Robert Garcia For Usyk Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Details Training Camp With Robert Garcia For Usyk Rematch

Anthony Joshua says that he decided not to ask Eddy Reynoso to be his trainer because he was unable to come to the UK to train him. Joshua spoke to Reynoso when he was looking to change his training team, but Reynoso made it clear that Saul "Canelo" Alvarez would be his priority.
    [Click Here To Read More]

“This time around, rather than taking control I learnt that what I want is not as important as what the coach wants,” he said.

So . . . it wasn't McCracken's fault because AJ didn't respect him and/or listen to him?

That's what I'm hearing . . .
    Sayithowitisuk Bob likes this.

Comment

If it doesn't work early then Joshua will be more confused than ever and will more than likely get stopped Joshua is a strong but pretty basic fighter who needs basic intructions and Rob McCracken knew this and they worked well with it.Uysk is a much better fighter than Joshua so as we all know Joshua must stop him or hurt him badly early and take it to him .Uysk is way too skilled for Joshua this know.

Comment

Basically, Joshua saying Garcia trains or teaches him more than Rob did.

As for Reynoso, his main fighter and priority in the gym is the cash cow star, Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
          If it doesn't work early then Joshua will be more confused than ever and will more than likely get stopped Joshua is a strong but pretty basic fighter who needs basic intructions and Rob McCracken knew this and they worked well with it.Uysk is a much better fighter than Joshua so as we all know Joshua must stop him or hurt him badly early and take it to him .Uysk is way too skilled for Joshua this know.
          On fight night, instructions should really be basic. Basic ques, which a fighter can easily carry out.

Complex tactics and information should be given in training 'Not on fight night'.

But there is one aspect which Garcia maybe, might be able to excel on McCracken.

Emotive language and motivation on fight night. I.E Like Teddy Atlas.

McCracken is a really top coach, he was not the reason why Joshua lost. But maybe his style of coaching, missed a certain aspect needed to spark some Fury within Joshua.

Comment

There's little evidence of Rob McCracken carrying out extensive tactical training for Joshua.

Even Joshua's work out video's it looked like that was him and not McCracken guiding.

My only worry is it's too late to teach this dog new tricks with too many tactics. It needs to be second nature. Brain fatigue as he says, doesn't sound like Garcia has successfully got him back to his instinctive aggressive former self.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
              There's little evidence of Rob McCracken carrying out extensive tactical training for Joshua.

Even Joshua's work out video's it looked like that was him and not McCracken guiding.

My only worry is it's too late to teach this dog new tricks with too many tactics. It needs to be second nature. Brain fatigue as he says, doesn't sound like Garcia has successfully got him back to his instinctive aggressive former self.
              Like the saying goes, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. So let's wait and see how he performs in the rematch. For now it's just premature to conclude that he can't improve with the help of his new coach.

BTW, I don't get why some people are so negative about AJ. He has done his part to unify the division what Wilder didn't even try to do in his 5+ years reign as WBC champion.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

On fight night, instructions should really be basic. Basic ques, which a fighter can easily carry out.

Complex tactics and information should be given in training 'Not on fight night'.

But there is one aspect which Garcia maybe, might be able to excel on McCracken.

Emotive language and motivation on fight night. I.E Like Teddy Atlas.

McCracken is a really top coach, he was not the reason why Joshua lost. But maybe his style of coaching, missed a certain aspect needed to spark some Fury within Joshua.
                Maybe , or maybe Rob knew his limatations and knew not to over load him ? I feel Rob knew Joshua was behind but kept him 'basic' so as to get through without being stopped .We all know now what Usyk can pull off even at Heavyweight where he'd looked pretty average , he stepped up as great fighters do .The question and the intrigue is can A.J. ?

Comment

One training camp with a new trainer isn't going to get you your belts back, AJ.

Better hope the war did something to Usyk.

Comment

Sound's like he's passing the buck & Garcia is trying to teach the wooden horse not to rock.

Aj along with Wilder were always prospect belt holder's & i couldn't believe on a rewatch how slow & ineffective aj was. After that first back hand left straight down the pipe Aj didn't want to know & after a little success in 5 & 6 from 7 onwards his jab turned into a can i even touch Usyk paw. I believe he was to gassed & clueless to do anything else.

Ajs size is a disadvantage against the iq of Usyk & the only thing aj has in his pocket is he has nothing to lose.

Comment

Working...
                    X