Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Sound And The Fury Of Vergil Ortiz Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: The Sound And The Fury Of Vergil Ortiz Jr.

By Corey Erdman - If Vergil Ortiz Jr. doesn't have his boxing gloves on, it's most likely that he has a guitar in his hands. While he dabbles with the piano and is an avid gamer as well, his growing collection of guitars are the things he says he can't live without.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Brilliant article Corey, well conceived and well written

Comment

Cool, when Ortiz is done with boxing he can join and band and tour \m/

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
        Brilliant article Corey, well conceived and well written
        Yes, interesting perspective and a nice change from the usual regurgitated, badly written dross that often appears here. Thanks.
        crimsonfalcon07 crimsonfalcon07 likes this.

Comment

A different and good article indeed, boxing and rhythm. I didn't know Vergil played the guitar.

A top fighter, and also top matchmaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
            A different and good article indeed, boxing and rhythm. I didn't know Vergil played the guitar.

A top fighter, and also top matchmaking.
            It is said that the GBP matchmaker is one of the two best in the business along with T.R's guy - Goodman I think. So when they won't step someone up that says a lot - Munguia and Conlan

Comment

Great article!

Ortiz might want to focus on the wrinkles of his craft more so than simply keeping the KO streak alive.

I've seen a slight regression in his last few performances. He's getting hit cleanly more than he should. The power and stamina are still top notch. (He paralyzed McKinson's body with a hip shot??) I would like to see him be more responsible defensively and not overload on every punch. When he works off the feint, he's more effective in setting up his offense.

He's a solid young man with an amazing attitude. I'm hoping he gets to test himself against the best of the division soon.

​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
              X