Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz Eyes Quick Ring Return: I Want To Fight As Often As Possible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz Eyes Quick Ring Return: I Want To Fight As Often As Possible

Vergil Ortiz Jr. can now move on from the longest layoff of his career. A 51-week ring absence ended this past Saturday for Ortiz, who scored a ninth-round stoppage of England's Michael McKinson in their battle of unbeaten welterweights. The nearly year-long hiatus was met with his deepest fight to date, going past the eighth round for the first time but closing the show soon thereafter in their DAZN main event at Dickies Arena in Fort Worth, Texas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I obviously want to fight everybody,” insisted Ortiz. “As long as there is a path to a world title, I want to fight anyone that it’s in my way.”

Damn, man, that should be nailed on every gym door.

Comment

He should fight Alexis Rocha.

Comment

Feed Cobbs to Vergil. If Crawford and Spence doesn't get made I think Vergil should fight one of them.

Comment

Ortiz is still figuring things out. He's slow adjusting to different looks. A few more fights, more dangerous foes, would help, but negative A team. No need to rush, he's 24, he has time to learn the arts of evasion. We know he has pop, show us slippery.

Comment

I thought Ortiz vs Cobbs being next was obvious because they fought on the same card. Looks like they’re trying to set that up.

Comment

Conor Ben or Jaron Ennis, but that wont happen.
              It wont be any top 5 guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                Ortiz is still figuring things out. He's slow adjusting to different looks. A few more fights, more dangerous foes, would help, but negative A team. No need to rush, he's 24, he has time to learn the arts of evasion. We know he has pop, show us slippery.
                Slow adjusting to different looks? Have u ever seen mckinson fight? He’s a tricky southpaw that likes to move. Ortiz gets excited fighting in texas and head hunts a bit in early rounds he did it against mean machine too. Once he settles in he’s surgical. Much more technical than your average pressure fighter. Obviously very fast and powerful too. I doubt bud will go near him ortiz would put hands all over TC.

Comment

Thats good to hear, he could fight Eimantas Stationis as a mandatory now that he earned the position he is in, there is also stay busy fights that could help him polish his skill such as Blair Cobbs who's a Southpaw or Alexis Rocha who are at Golden Boy.

Ugas would be a good choice, but his Orbital bone is fractured which will likely take a long time to heal.

David Avanesyan and Keith Thurman could be enticed to fighting Vergil Ortiz Jr now since he fought for a WBA title eliminator.
                  Last edited by Feroz; 08-08-2022, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Ortiz vs Avaneysan is the match to make next.. if they can get Avaneysan to take the paycheck, he ducked this fight.

Cobbs will become an attraction in the near future, no need for GBP to feed him to Vergil at this point. Rocha is still being built up in the LA market, Rashidi Ellis would have been the next logical opponent but he’s off fighting in non-televised fights somewhere in the PBC universe LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X