Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Euro News: Avanesyan vs. Miguez, Baraou-Saidi is Off, Faust, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Euro News: Avanesyan vs. Miguez, Baraou-Saidi is Off, Faust, More

The hot all German matchup for the vacant EBU super welterweight title between Wasserman fighter Abass Baraou (12-1) and AGON Sports' Jama Saidi (21-2), that was set for September 10 in Wuppertal, is now off.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I really wanted to see Vergil Ortiz Jr vs David Avanesyan, hopefully they could fight next year unless David pulls out again.

Comment

Gotta admire Avanesyan. About to make defence no 6 of his European title. He must be trying to set some kind of record. It must be satisfying for him to have set such lofty goals. I can now totally see why he knocked back a final eliminator against Ortiz jr. This is way more important. And not to mention that this will be his 3rd Spanish opponent. If he wins this, he will be the first Russian to secure immortality in Spanish boxing. That's legacy for you right there.

Comment

I pick Avenasian over Ortiz. Ave looks too rugged for Ortiz. They put Ortiz in with Campbell soup, 2 ko safety, vote of no confidence, Mac who, for a reason.

Comment

The Hulk, Kingpin and the Bosnian Lion. Sign me up for that card

Comment

Faust's campaign hit the breaks a bit after that unexpected war with Kiladze. I think he hit the canvas at least twice. Appears they put him in a bit soft this go-round.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
              I pick Avenasian over Ortiz. Ave looks too rugged for Ortiz. They put Ortiz in with Campbell soup, 2 ko safety, vote of no confidence, Mac who, for a reason.
              The reason they put Vergil Ortiz in with McKinson is because Avanesyan didn't want that smoke and ducked Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

The reason they put Vergil Ortiz in with McKinson is because Avanesyan didn't want that smoke and ducked Ortiz.
                2 KOs. The guy has 2 KOs. TWO. Dos. Deuce. They went from a hard case, to a bent nail at warp speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post

2 KOs. The guy has 2 KOs. TWO. Dos. Deuce. They went from a hard case, to a bent nail at warp speed.
                  You can't force a coward like Avanesyan to fight in a final eliminator if he doesn't want to.

At least they went with a ranked fighter as a replacement, McKinson was in the WBO's top 5 and ranked in the top 10 by the WBA.
                  Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 08-07-2022, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post
                    Gotta admire Avanesyan. About to make defence no 6 of his European title. He must be trying to set some kind of record. It must be satisfying for him to have set such lofty goals. I can now totally see why he knocked back a final eliminator against Ortiz jr. This is way more important. And not to mention that this will be his 3rd Spanish opponent. If he wins this, he will be the first Russian to secure immortality in Spanish boxing. That's legacy for you right there.
                    But is that what happened? Not sure the WBC ever confirmed the fight or its status. Certainly don't recall there being any press that Golden Boy had agreed with Queensberry that they would put on the fight. Sounds to me like Golden Boy pulled the PBC Munguia trick of offering a contract on unfair terms knowing that it wouldn't be accepted. Let's see what the WBC do. Warren prefers to go to purse bids most of the time anyway

Comment

Working...
                    X