Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Warren Blasts King For Dragging Him Into Dubois Lawsuit: I Have Nothing To Do With This

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Warren Blasts King For Dragging Him Into Dubois Lawsuit: I Have Nothing To Do With This

Frank Warren is livid that his name is being sullied by longtime professional peer (and also apparently nemesis) Don King. In a recent interview, the head of Queensberry Promotions was irate that the infamous American promoter mentioned him as the reason why Danel Dubois has not been paid.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lol Warren knows all about King, plus his questionable Irish link

Comment

Is Dubois out of contract with Queensbury? Because Warren said this is the same as Whyte's situation. Whyte had no contact with Hearn. But if Dubois is under contract, then I was of the impression that the promoter gets compensated for losing out on the chance to have his fighter on his show and platform. I'm not saying that makes it Warren's responsibility to pay Dubois, but if he's lying about Dubois contractual situation, then he could be lying about other factors in this . And he's got previous for lying. Usually just about every time he opens his mouth lol.

Comment

The most unbelievable thing about this is that Frank expects us to believe he wouldn't try and blame Eddie if he hadn't paid Dillian Whyte!
        Last edited by GeordieG; 08-07-2022, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post
          Is Dubois out of contract with Queensbury? Because Warren said this is the same as Whyte's situation. Whyte had no contact with Hearn. But if Dubois is under contract, then I was of the impression that the promoter gets compensated for losing out on the chance to have his fighter on his show and platform. I'm not saying that makes it Warren's responsibility to pay Dubois, but if he's lying about Dubois contractual situation, then he could be lying about other factors in this . And he's got previous for lying. Usually just about every time he opens his mouth lol.
          Think Frank said that he’s not Dubois’s manager or lawyer, and the show was a purse bid won by King so the contract was with Dubois’s management, not his promoter, so nothing to do with him or Queensbury on this occasion…

Frank’s been around the block though, as sure as King’s purse bid went in he would’ve been aware Dubois was not seeing all of his end

Comment

Doesn’t Warren still owe Joe Calzaghe money? I think this whole system is nonsense. I used to believe that fighters got paid soon after the fight then hear about how Don King still owes Mahomed Ali and George Foreman money, maybe this was just a bit of hyperbole to stress how much Don is a crook.I have heard of cases where some fighters’ purse was with held because of something suspicious during the fight or maybe depends on where the fight is made.

Comment

Originally posted by nick_viking View Post

Think Frank said that he’s not Dubois’s manager or lawyer, and the show was a purse bid won by King so the contract was with Dubois’s management, not his promoter, so nothing to do with him or Queensbury on this occasion…

Frank’s been around the block though, as sure as King’s purse bid went in he would’ve been aware Dubois was not seeing all of his end
              Ok. Im thinking of Teo Lopez fighting Kambosos, and of course Top Rank didn't win the purse bid, but I recall Arum saying they got a certain percentage because he was under contract, and was saying it's money for nothing, because he didn't have the hassle of promoting the show. So, I'd assume that if Dubois was under contract to Queensbury, then Warren gets a percentage just as Arum would have for Teo. But he's likened this situation to Whyte who was not under contract with Hearn. Therefore that would suggest Dubois isn't under contract which I find interesting as I thought he was. It's still Don Kings responsibility to pay up but I don't hear Warren saying he hasn't received his percent. So why would King pay the promoter and not the fighter also. Warren seems to be showing his usual confusing inconsistencies.

Comment

King is a fughin thief and has been doing this for a very long time
                Not a fish eyes fan but give him the benefit of the doubt just cause King has his tentacles in this
                dannnnn dannnnn likes this.

Comment

I’m pretty sure King took a big hit on that awesome PPV he promoted… King being King…
                  P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

King and Warren used to be partners as Warren provided Frank Bruno as a patsy for Tyson way back. They did other fights too. Warren was like a UK agent/employee for King. King knows every trick in the book to not pay. If Warren actually does owe King money from some past business, poor Dubois is going to be the big loser. Shameful situation.

Comment

Working...
                    X