Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz Drops Michael McKinson Twice, Stops Him in Ninth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz Drops Michael McKinson Twice, Stops Him in Ninth

By Jake Donovan - Vergil Ortiz Jr. ended the longest layoff of his career with his deepest knockout win to date. The rising welterweight star went past the eighth round for the first time, though not much longer than that in scoring a ninth-round stoppage of England's Michael McKinson. Ortiz scored knockdowns late in round eight and early in round nine, the latter revealing an injured right knee which prompted a stoppage at 0:20 of round nine in the DAZN main event Saturday evening from Dickies Arena in Fort Worth, Texas.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 08-06-2022, 11:22 PM.

Golden Boy's knockout sensation and the pride of Grand Prairie, Texas, Vergil Ortiz, Jr. (18-0, 18 KOs), and top 10 ranked, undefeated welterweight contender Michael “The Problem” McKinson (22-0, 2 KOs) of Portsmouth, Great Britain took part in the official weigh-in for their upcoming fight on Saturday, August 6 at Dickies Arena in Fort Worth, Texas that will stream live worldwide, exclusively on DAZN.

Comment

How much of a chance do you give McKinson?

Comment

WAR Virgil !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, interested to see how Virgil looks IMHO leaving RGBA was a mistake especially with how BAM has risen , but we will see how it plays out in the long run ..

Comment

On paper, this fight reminds me of Cotto vs Paulie M

Comment

Rohan Polanco might be a promising prospect welterweight. This division is not really stacked currently.

Comment

I hate this main event, it will either be an easy KO for Vergil or McKinson will make it awkward and stink up the joint
              Regge Regge likes this.

Comment

Figo Ramirez trains under Hector Beltran who's a trainer that also coaches Ortiz Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                  I hate this main event, it will either be an easy KO for Vergil or McKinson will make it awkward and stink up the joint
                  I too feel Mckinson will stink it up.

Comment

Somewhat interesting matchup between Hank Lundy & Alex Martin about to start on YouTube/ DAZN

Comment

Working...
                    X