Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Tyson Fury Against Anthony Joshua Is The Biggest Fight In History Of The Sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Tyson Fury Against Anthony Joshua Is The Biggest Fight In History Of The Sport

Eddie Hearn has enjoyed several hearty laughs while reading Tyson Fury's recent comments. The unbeaten WBC heavyweight champion claimed last weekend that he would come out of retirement to fight Anthony Joshua for free if Joshua avenges his loss to Oleksandr Usyk in their rematch August 20 in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Fury also stated that he would want a domestic showdown with Joshua to take place at Wembley Stadium in London, where fans could enter free of charge, and to air on free television, not pay-per-view.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wait, what?

Comment

No it isn't, hearn is a disgusting chav

Comment

Joshua is too big stiff idiot for biggest fight ever.
        charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Eddie Hearn must be smoking crack...
          Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Biggest for heavyweights maybe, if Joshua wins Usyk

Comment

Bigger than Floyd/Pac was? Ali/Fraizer? Hagler/Hearns? Louis/Schmeling? Don't think so.

Comment

Ba ha ha ha!!!

Comment

No not enough passion involved. Joshua is a popular fighter, but? I don't think he has that Tyson, Ali, type affect upon society.

And Tyson Fury again? Popular fighter. But his gimmicks are getting very boring now I.E The things he says, and how he acts towards other fighters

Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury is a very big fight. But as a match up, I actually think Wilder vs Fury had more passion and jeopardy.

Big fights split society, big sporting match ups evoke passion.

Does Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua, really do that? I don't think it is on the level of Nigel Benn vs Chris Eubank Senior. For decades that match up's influence was felt.

In today's era of boxing, you have all this talk of big fights? And with social media, and the way people's perceptions sometimes work these days. In the moment, you would think we are witnessing mega fights. But as soon as those fights happen, they are gone.

Soon as the fights are over, people are out of the arena and thinking about their next fix. With true all-time great fights, when the fights are over? The legend still continues, on some type of level people understand they have just witnessed something different.

It has been sometime in boxing, or in any combat sport 'Where a event like that has happened'.

Muhammad Ali vs Joe Frazier 'Fight of the Century'.

Joe Louis vs Max Schmeling II.

Muhammad Ali vs George Foreman 'The Rumble in the jungle'.

Marvin Hagler vs Thomas Hearns.

I am sure people here can name more?

In the the UK, you had.

Joe Bugner vs Henry Cooper.

Frank Bruno vs Joe Bugner.

Nigel Benn vs Chris Eubank Senior.

Anthony Joshua VS Tyson Fury is a big fight, because of modern times. There are social media fights that in the moment are big attractions. But when they are done, they are gone. No legend, no social influence, just a bunch of people are now all looking for their next fix.

I don't think you can manufacture big fights. They just happen. It is almost as if they evolve and are produced organically. Some sort of intelligence aligns things and creates them.

Joshua vs Fury is at the point now, where it needs to be manufactured and edited.

Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder III, just happened. Nobody, wanted it to happen. You had masses of people within boxing, especially certain sets of fans complaining. But something out there had other ideas 'Some sort of a violent force, Wilder's ambition', the share determination of Deontay Wilder forced the match up to organically evolve.

The two greatest Heavyweights title fights that have happened in recent times are Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Kiltschko, and Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder III.

I would say that Joshua vs Kiltschko was the greatest Heavyweight title fight of the past 20 years. Then Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder was the greatest trilogy in boxing for over 3 decades 'And people complained throughout the entire trilogy'. I watched people on here, complete and utter bloons complain.

I knew and sensed that greatness was transpiring before us. I knew something else was at play.

People are also complaining and denying Terrence Crawford vs Errol Spence Junior. When I know that, this particular match up. Is the biggest most significant all American title fight since Mike Tyson vs Evander Holyfield I.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 08-06-2022, 09:19 AM.
                  ShoulderRoll ShoulderRoll likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                    No not enough passion involved. Joshua is a popular fighter, but? I don't think he has that Tyson, Ali, type affect upon society.

And Tyson Fury again? Popular fighter. But his gimmicks are getting very boring now I.E The things he says, and how he acts towards other fighters

Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury is a very big fight. But as a match up, I actually think Wilder vs Fury had more passion and jeopardy.

Big fights split society, big sporting match ups evoke passion.

Does Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua, really do that? I don't think it is on the level of Nigel Benn vs Chris Eubank Senior. For decades that match up's influence was felt.

In today's era of boxing, you have all this talk of big fights? And with social media, and the way people's perceptions sometimes work these days. In the moment, you would think we are witnessing mega fights. But as soon as those fights happen, they are gone.

Soon as the fights are over, people are out of the arena and thinking about their next fix. With true all-time great fights, when the fights are over? The legend still continues, on some type of level people understand they have just witnessed something different.

It has been sometime in boxing, or in any combat sport 'Where a event like that has happened'.

Muhammad Ali vs Joe Frazier 'Fight of the Century'.

Joe Louis vs Max Schmeling II.

Muhammad Ali vs George Foreman 'The Rumble in the jungle'.

Marvin Hagler vs Thomas Hearns.

I am sure people here can name more?

In the the UK, you had.

Joe Bugner vs Henry Cooper.

Frank Bruno vs Joe Bugner.

Nigel Benn vs Chris Eubank Senior.

Chris Eubank vs Michael Watson.

Anthony Joshua VS Tyson Fury is a big fight, because of modern times. There are social media fights that in the moment are big attractions. But when they are done, they are gone. No legend, no social influence, just a bunch of people are now all looking for their next fix.

I actually can't think of any other world champion that was so comprehensively outclassed losing there title than AJ

Comment

Working...
                    X