Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maurice Hooker Confident Of Victory, Dedicates Cobbs Fight To The Late Stacey Snyder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Maurice Hooker Confident Of Victory, Dedicates Cobbs Fight To The Late Stacey Snyder

Maurice Hooker plans to represent his hometown in every imaginable way this weekend. The former WBO junior welterweight titlist is set for his crossroads battle with Blair Cobbs this Saturday at Dickies Arena in nearby Fort Worth, Texas. Hooker arrived at Wednesday's workout in Irving sporting an R&R Boxing Club t-shirt from his Dallas hometown and a headband reading 'Ms. Stacey' in honor of famed local photographer Stacey Snyder Verbeek who passed away in late July.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I hope Hooker get this win, but his career opportunities are bleak at the top level, he could help others though.

Comment

I would be more then surprised if Hooker don't get the win in this fight. Cobbs is no where near the experienced fighter that Hooker is, some people are calling it 50/50 ? No way.

Comment

Gotta lean towards Hooker, Cobbs is mediocre at best. Hooker is at least a level above him.

Comment

Betting on Mo for this one. Cobbs is entertaining, but Mo is at least a level above him when it comes to skills/experience.

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post
            I would be more then surprised if Hooker don't get the win in this fight. Cobbs is no where near the experienced fighter that Hooker is, some people are calling it 50/50 ? No way.
            Current public sentiment has Blair winning by KO.

We don't think it's that easy, at all. Because
            1. We don't know where Flair's head is at after the brutal KO. Some guys come back (Mayorga) and some guys simply don't (Spinks - Mike AND Cory)
            2. He was unusually subdued in all pressers, showing too much respect which might mean he fights tentative like Bumbanga and if he does, he gets outboxed
            3. He has a new trainer - which may or may not be a good thing as we've talked about
            4. Hooker is actually quite a good boxer skill-wise and has the fundamentals that Cobbs lacks
            We're a huge Cobbs fan...we just don't think it's a given he wins. But it's a test.

Comment

What does Hookers headband say? Miss Stacked?

Comment

Originally posted by Wacked_Out View Post
                What does Hookers headband say? Miss Stacked?
                "Miss Stacy" I believe. The story (and headline) mentioned that he's honoring boxing photographer Stacey Snyder who passed away recently.

Comment

Hooker is the better boxer with the more complete skill set. Under normal circumstances, I'd expect him to win.

The variable is how much Hooker has left and what kind of fighter is he at welterweight. Mo has been KO'd brutally in 2 of his last 3 fights and he's only had 2 fights at the welterweight limit.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

"Miss Stacy" I believe. The story (and headline) mentioned that he's honoring boxing photographer Stacey Snyder who passed away recently.
                    My bad that didnt click for some reason.
                    PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X