Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haye: Joshua Needs To Make Usyk Rematch a Dogfight From The First Bell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Haye: Joshua Needs To Make Usyk Rematch a Dogfight From The First Bell

Former two division world champion David Haye believes Anthony Joshua should rough up Oleksandr Usyk to the point of a near disqualification. Haye has long believed that using physicality is the key to overcoming Usyk in the upcoming rematch.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He will get knocked out. You need a chin to do a dog fight. Sadly Wladmir finished Joshua many years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
      He will get knocked out. You need a chin to do a dog fight. Sadly Wladmir finished Joshua many years ago.
      We’re hearing a lot of this type of advice for AJ from former boxers, there’s just no way Joshua beats Usyk in a dogfight. Usyk’s quicker, has better footwork, has got more stamina, is supremely confident and has no history of a dodgy chin… I’m not sure Joshua can win the fight no matter how he approaches it, but he definitely doesn’t win a dogfight.

Comment

No **** Sherlock.

The question that plagues me the most about A.J. needing to employ a pressure, seek and destroy style, is not whether he can physically do it, but whether he's humble enough to admit to himself and his team that Usyk is a better boxer than him, or at least would outbox him in 9 out of 10 matches.

I think Usyk will be ready for this strategy and will probably move and counter.

A.J's best hope is to invest heavily in the body in the early rounds, THEN step on the gas from rounds 5-6.

I don't think he has the tank to be the kind of pressure fighter Iron Mike, JCC, and Fenech had, to go from Rd 1-12.

Comment

Remember when Haye said AJ will KO Usyk with a jab?
          P to the J P to the J Sayithowitisuk Bob like this.

Comment

It's no secret that Joshua is the one that has to fight a different fight. The question is can he hurt or knock Uysk out as he must? Usyk although much smaller is a much better fighter.Joshua ought to think himself lucky that Uysk is not the same size as it would be a complete mismatch! Joshua must man up and do or die.
            Usyk by stoppage.
            P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by nick_viking View Post

We’re hearing a lot of this type of advice for AJ from former boxers, there’s just no way Joshua beats Usyk in a dogfight. Usyk’s quicker, has better footwork, has got more stamina, is supremely confident and has no history of a dodgy chin… I’m not sure Joshua can win the fight no matter how he approaches it, but he definitely doesn’t win a dogfight.
              I like & agree with everything you say but look on YouTube, Usyk has been hurt & gone down from body shots.

Comment

Look, I don’t think all of this advice from ex-pros will work on Usyk. It seems very ill-thought out.

However, if AJ comes out like this then we’ve at least got a spectacle, and if he chooses to continue w/his career, he’ll be in seriously entertaining firefights until retirement.

Just can’t see it, though. He’ll get done in fighting like this, then will apply a cautious approach post-Usyk, if he resumes boxing that is.

Comment

I think Aj will have to be patient, put in alot of body work where Usyk has been hurt in the past.
                  Garcia will have Aj fighting in bursts of drilled attacks because fight 1 the gulf in speed and class was so wide even Ajs jab turned into a pushed out touch.
                  Rd7 onwards fight 1 Aj offered absolutely nothing so for me it's first 6 or bust for Aj.

Ajs best weapon is he has nothing to loose.
                  Last edited by Bob; 08-04-2022, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
                    YES, it was wlad; about time someone else said it.

But this ‘Chin’ business is nothing more than head movement and foot placement both being insufficient for dealing with heavy shots.

I always think back to GGG’s reflex head movement just before Canelo landed a haymaker in their first bout, which was so quick it made everyone think he’d taken a shot flush

Comment

Working...
                    X