Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ennis Floats Thurman Or Stanionis As Possible Options For Next Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ennis Floats Thurman Or Stanionis As Possible Options For Next Fight

Jaron "Boots" Ennis apparently hopes his next fight will offer the stiffest test of his burgeoning career. The rising, 25-year-old welterweight contender from Philadelphia was recently asked about whom he plans to fight for his next ring outing in the fall, and two names popped up.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Would prefer Stanionis, but I expect Thurman even though Thurman has done nothing to deserve a top tier fight. He’s got the bigger name and should draw more attention. He’s also easier to beat imo.
    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 08-01-2022, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Either fight is good, and both step ups from Clayton. Stanionis is a great trade fight & he could get his hands on a piece (albeit not the WBA title) of the world championship - Thurman would be well received by the public imo. Just hope it’s one of those two.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Would prefer Stanionis, but I expect Thurman ven though Thurman has done nothing to deserve a top tier fight. He’s got the bigger name and should draw more attention. He’s also easier to beat imo.
        Would you expect Thurman to take the fight? I doubt it! He keeps saying things like "I don't know who Boots is," or "These young guys need to understand i'm no gatekeeper!" I think Thurman would rather fight DSG @ 154! I'm all in for Boots vs. Stanionis!

Comment

Not likely to happen. Everyone is waiting for all the belts to be vacated after Crawford v Spence, and to get their shot in the reset. But I'd like to see Ennis Vs Thurman if it were possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            Would you expect Thurman to take the fight? I doubt it! He keeps saying things like "I don't know who Boots is," or "These young guys need to understand i'm no gatekeeper!" I think Thurman would rather fight DSG @ 154! I'm all in for Boots vs. Stanionis!
            I hope so. A Danny v Thurman rematch would be fine. If that gives us Boots v Stanionis, even better.

I love that fight and think Boots better be prepared for a long night . That dude is tough and can fight.

Much, mich more difficult dight than Thurman for Boots imo.

Comment

Would prefer Stanionis, but I expect Thurman even though Thurman has done nothing to deserve a top tier fight. He’s got the bigger name and should draw more attention. He’s also easier to beat imo.
              Where is all of this coming from??? You'd swear Ennis was the draw and Thurman was some guy in NEED of an Ennis fight. Not entirely the truth. Keith lost one fight and has been inactive, but that shouldn't force you to wire your brain to say such asinine things.

Again, Keith lost ONE fight...y'all act like he's Anthony Dirrell or somethin. Keith was a unified champion at WW and was the man to beat....he only lost to Manny. Y'all forget so quickly, I swear.

Comment

I hope so. A Danny v Thurman rematch would be fine. If that gives us Boots v Stanionis, even better.

I love that fight and think Boots better be prepared for a long night . That dude is tough and can fight.

Much, mich more difficult dight than Thurman for Boots imo.
                No doubt! If No Boots, then Stanionis vs. Cody Crowley might be a good slugfest!

Comment

Thurman thinks he is entitled to millions so I don't think he will fight Boots. Any of those two fights will do good for Boots and if he wins it will raise his profile.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
                    Where is all of this coming from??? You'd swear Ennis was the draw and Thurman was some guy in NEED of an Ennis fight. Not entirely the truth. Keith lost one fight and has been inactive, but that shouldn't force you to wire your brain to say such asinine things.

Again, Keith lost ONE fight...y'all act like he's Anthony Dirrell or somethin. Keith was a unified champion at WW and was the man to beat....he only lost to Manny. Y'all forget so quickly, I swear.
                    It’s coming from this-since 2017 when he beat Danny Thurman has barely beat Josesito Lopez, lost to Manny and just beat Barrios at 147.

That imo does not warrant a Boots/ Thurman fight.

I didn’t post anything about Boots being the draw. You somehow got that out of my post and then argued against that. Please stop doing that.

If you’re unsure about the point, ask.

No one forgot that. You seem to have forgotten by the time he fought Lopez, it was only for the WBA (Super) ww title. He never defended the unified title.

So in conclusion, I am not acting like Thurman is Dirrell. I think Thurman/Danny is a fine main event.

I think Stanionis right now is the better fighter and better opponent for Boots before he tries for a ww title. I also don’t think Thurman’s last 5 years warrant a big ww headlining fight.

If you disagree, fine, we can discuss more.
                    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 08-01-2022, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X