Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Barthelemy on Loss To Russell: This is The Most Bitter Loss of My Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Barthelemy on Loss To Russell: This is The Most Bitter Loss of My Career

According to the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, junior welterweight Gary Antuanne Russell (16-0, 16 KOs) picked up a controversial stoppage win over former two-division Rances Barthelemy (29-2-1, 15 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Can’t blame you on this one Rances
    You were raped , no lube or supper
    NC Uppercut NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

Rances was clearly winning up till that point. Everyone got robbed.

Comment

Didn't see it live, checking out the DVR later today. What I saw of the knockdown on YouTube, the ref might have been looking at the body language...Rances' shoulders were slumped...ref might have misread it as he's done. A Harvey Dock sends him back in, he just got a hair triggered ref.

Comment

any idea what the cards were at the time of the stoppage?

Comment

That's the problem with many of the refs today, stopping a fight too quickly.

Yes, this is the most dangerous sport, and your health, your life is on the line actually inside the ring.

But, they know the main risk unfortunately is brain damage. Hopefully they don't absorb that much punishment in their career and don't suffer in their lives after boxing.

It's rare you see a guy like Floyd who didn't take much punishment and seems to have no damage. Then one also sees outstanding former champions like Meldrick Taylor and Terry Norris, where the bad effects are seen.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Cholo View Post
              any idea what the cards were at the time of the stoppage?
              46-47 Russell, 45-48x2 Russell. It was complete BS that Murdaugh stopped it. He should be removed from championship fights period
              Brittney1229 Brittney1229 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
                Didn't see it live, checking out the DVR later today. What I saw of the knockdown on YouTube, the ref might have been looking at the body language...Rances' shoulders were slumped...ref might have misread it as he's done. A Harvey Dock sends him back in, he just got a hair triggered ref.
                He ate a BEAUTIFUL flush shot. Wasn't defending himself when it landed.

Still don't get why NSB had a problem with this yet Boots can rabbit punch a guy and they're cool with it.

Comment

This referee not bad but he ****ked this one good fight up, so we need to check his bank account someone paid him!

Comment

Great fight! Run it back! Bad stoppage by the ref! Barthelemy was going to go, and the ref robbed us all! I wanted to see Russell close the deal!

Comment

Working...
                    X