Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia-Jose Benavidez Jr: Weigh-In Results From Barclays Center

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia-Jose Benavidez Jr: Weigh-In Results From Barclays Center

Danny Garcia was one pound overweight the last time he arrived at Barclays Center for a weigh-in. Garcia made the welterweight limit that day for his 12-round fight versus Ivan Redkach in January 2020, but the Philadelphia native knew he wouldn't be able to fight in the 147-pound division much longer. The former junior welterweight and welterweight champion had no such issue Friday.
    [Click Here To Read More]

You guys think Benavidez looks a little drained? I don't know him well, but the pictures from yesterday =---> his cheeks looked a little sunken in.

Comment

Anybody else not really thrilled for this card? Pretty putrid to me tbh.
      I'll prob check in on the main event. But the russel and kow fights are weak. Even the main is weak.
      Brittney1229 Brittney1229 likes this.

Comment

I think Garcia v Benavidez is a compelling crossroads fight. The stakes are high for each man's career. So looking forward to it.
        Love the progress Russell is making and think he is one to watch in the division.
        JohnnyCan JohnnyCan likes this.

Comment

WAR Benavidez

Comment

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
            I think Garcia v Benavidez is a compelling crossroads fight. The stakes are high for each man's career. So looking forward to it.
            Love the progress Russell is making and think he is one to watch in the division.
            Jose Benavidez just had a draw against Francisco Emanuel Torres??? If you say it's a compelling crossroads fight for Danny, then I'm with you. If he loses to Jose, he's done!! I have been looking at Benavidez record and it's full of a bunch of C class fighters. The only A class fighter he fought outclassed and knocked him out. I don't care what excuses he uses about his leg. Crawford knocks him out either way. I've seen lesser fighters tag Crawford and hurt him. There are levels to this game. If you look at who Danny has fought, he's fought the best of the best! I think Crawford beats Danny too, but in the same fashion Spence beat him. Unanimous decision with Danny having a moments here and there. What are your thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Brittney1229 View Post

Jose Benavidez just had a draw against Francisco Emanuel Torres??? If you say it's a compelling crossroads fight for Danny, then I'm with you. If he loses to Jose, he's done!! I have been looking at Benavidez record and it's full of a bunch of C class fighters. The only A class fighter he fought outclassed and knocked him out. I don't care what excuses he uses about his leg. Crawford knocks him out either way. I've seen lesser fighters tag Crawford and hurt him. There are levels to this game. If you look at who Danny has fought, he's fought the best of the best! I think Crawford beats Danny too, but in the same fashion Spence beat him. Unanimous decision with Danny having a moments here and there. What are your thoughts?
              Doubtful. Took him 11 rounds to ko a cripple Jose I doubt he stops a healthy benavidez

Comment

Garcia is a 8-1 favorite? Geez

Comment

I think Benavidez wins this by KO around the 8th. I watched the Crawford fight and anyone who understands boxing could see that Benavidez’s leg was ruined. Reminded me of Martinez vs Cotto although admittedly not quite so obvious. However, Benavidez may have lost most rounds, but he was competitive right up till 11th and did catch Bud a good few times. Garcia is going to struggle with his movement and reach and if Spence bothered him at times, Benavidez will. Going against the betting form. I like Benavidez’s movement and timing against Bud. This wasn’t an average fighter Benavidez was facing, it was arguably 1 or 2 p4p. I’d say 11th round with one good leg against one of the p4p best is doing pretty good. Impressed me.
                  KING S.O.G KING S.O.G likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by War Room View Post
                    You guys think Benavidez looks a little drained? I don't know him well, but the pictures from yesterday =---> his cheeks looked a little sunken in.

IDK but I did see an interview he did this week where he said that he walks around at about 180 or 190lbs!

Comment

Working...
                    X