Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn On Making Bivol-Canelo Rematch For Next May: 'We're A Little Bit Up Against Time'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn On Making Bivol-Canelo Rematch For Next May: 'We're A Little Bit Up Against Time'

Eddie Hearn realizes that satisfying Canelo Alvarez's demands for a Dmitry Bivol rematch may be tricky to accomplish under the Mexican champion's preferred time frame.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hearn needs to drop Buatsi from the equation here. Ramirez is the mandatory and that should be the priority here. It's all very well getting the exemption, but the mandatory will not go away, and you run the risk of losing something more important than Buatsi on your record. Either the belt if he's stripped, or the Canelo payday. Buatsi is the least important right now, and he could use the extra fights to improve and gain experience. I can only assume Hearn is under pressure from Buatsi and his management, because his trainer is advising against a Bivol fight right now. Maybe Hearn is worried he'll lose Buatsi to Boxxer and Sky. But he's also risking losing Canelo. I'm disappointed in Buatsi in all this, because his trainer is making it clear he needs a couple more fights and Buatsi is trying to disregard that. I guess he's seeing the other 16 Olympians winning titles and is frustrated he's not a champion yet. But what is the point of hiring a top trainer, then going against his advice? Buatsi should focus on the Pascal fight. Let Bivol fight Zurdo then Canelo, and after that his turn will come. Patience is required here.

Comment

Bivol needs to figh Ramirez and Beterbiev.
      Canelo needs to fight Benavidez.
      Its not a good look for Bivol beating up smaller guys and its not a good look Canelo losing. Canelo keeps saying 168 is his best devision, so needs to stay there and stop bringing that up. 175 is not my division, blah blah.
      Last edited by boxingitis; 07-26-2022, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post
        Hearn needs to drop Buatsi from the equation here. Ramirez is the mandatory and that should be the priority here. It's all very well getting the exemption, but the mandatory will not go away, and you run the risk of losing something more important than Buatsi on your record. Either the belt if he's stripped, or the Canelo payday. Buatsi is the least important right now, and he could use the extra fights to improve and gain experience. I can only assume Hearn is under pressure from Buatsi and his management, because his trainer is advising against a Bivol fight right now. Maybe Hearn is worried he'll lose Buatsi to Boxxer and Sky. But he's also risking losing Canelo. I'm disappointed in Buatsi in all this, because his trainer is making it clear he needs a couple more fights and Buatsi is trying to disregard that. I guess he's seeing the other 16 Olympians winning titles and is frustrated he's not a champion yet. But what is the point of hiring a top trainer, then going against his advice? Buatsi should focus on the Pascal fight. Let Bivol fight Zurdo then Canelo, and after that his turn will come. Patience is required here.
        Exactly.

Hearn needs to stop trying to force Buatsi into the picture. Just put Bivol vs Zurdo on the Canelo-GGG undercard as a setup for the winners to face each other next. It's real simple.

Comment

Hopefully the WBA will say no exemption, Zurdo is the mandatory. He fought two eliminators to get there.

Comment

Bivol vs Beterbiev is the fight that most people want to see. Who cares about seeing Alvarez get completely dominated again over 12 & lose by a ‘close’ points decision. Utterly superfluous.

Comment

WBA already told Eddie kick a boulder back to the UK…

Zurdo vs Bivol up next, no one cares to see Buatsi, he’s a UK level fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Exactly.

Hearn needs to stop trying to force Buatsi into the picture. Just put Bivol vs Zurdo on the Canelo-GGG undercard as a setup for the winners to face each other next. It's real simple.
                I think Hearn may be trying to force it a bit, but he is probably under pressure from Buatsi also. If you listen to the way Buatsi talks, I don't doubt he's on Hearns case for a title shot constantly. He needs to listen to Virgil Hunter. Okolie and Cordina are champions, and Joyce is on the verge with mandatory status, and Buatsi is feeling left out I think. But in one way I get it from Buatsi. If it was a case of getting to fight Bivol after Zurdo, then maybe he waits ok. But if he can't fight Bivol next, then your looking at late next year at the earliest, and potentially early 24 even. Because if I'm Bivol, after Zurdo comes Canelo, and after Canelo comes Beterbiev. Buatsi should try to beat Pascal then put pressure on the IBF for a shot at Beterbiev, who imo he has a better chance of beating.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

I think Hearn may be trying to force it a bit, but he is probably under pressure from Buatsi also. If you listen to the way Buatsi talks, I don't doubt he's on Hearns case for a title shot constantly. He needs to listen to Virgil Hunter. Okolie and Cordina are champions, and Joyce is on the verge with mandatory status, and Buatsi is feeling left out I think. But in one way I get it from Buatsi. If it was a case of getting to fight Bivol after Zurdo, then maybe he waits ok. But if he can't fight Bivol next, then your looking at late next year at the earliest, and potentially early 24 even. Because if I'm Bivol, after Zurdo comes Canelo, and after Canelo comes Beterbiev. Buatsi should try to beat Pascal then put pressure on the IBF for a shot at Beterbiev, who imo he has a better chance of beating.
                  All good points but the reality is, despite Hearn trying to portray it differently, there is no "two fights before canelo" situation for Bivol - and Buatsi has no seat at that table!
                  Ramirez is Bivol mandatory so that's next up and, if he wins, Bivol us then free to either fight canelo or unify with Beterbiev if that fight can be made.
                  Buatsi is line for an eliminator against Pascal, with the winner to fight Beterbiev once mandated.
                  This may not be what Hearn wanted but there's not a great deal he can do about is!
                  Last edited by tokon; 07-26-2022, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Hearn trying hard to help Canelo avoid the rematch. Saying Bivol won't be ready for Zurdo until November as if that means something. It still gives him 6 months to prepare for a May fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X