Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson: I'm Going In There To Beat Up Conceicao; Wanna Get Him Out Of There

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson: I'm Going In There To Beat Up Conceicao; Wanna Get Him Out Of There

NEWARK, New Jersey - Shakur Stevenson doesn't intend to afford Robson Conceicao seconds, let alone rounds, to gain confidence when they square off in a little less than two months.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Well I would love Shakur to step in and lay it down. That would be great. He may be there longer than he wants to be. Robson seems to have a will and some grit. Hopefully it’s a great fight!

Comment

FACT: Stevenson NEVER goes in there willingly trying to get his opponent out of there. That's just not how he fights.

Comment

He has developed some urgency but this fight has a snoozefest written all over it.
        I think Shakur is overrated by the fans on NSB at this point. Good luck to him.

I can miss his next fight. Valdez was a broken fighter like JoJo Diaz.
        Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 07-25-2022, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
          He has developed some urgency but this fight has a snoozefest written all over it.

Yeah, I think you're right. I see a chess match early. The Brazilian tires late. Maybe Shakur does some work late, but who knows. I'm not really excited about this fight either. Stevenson is very talented, but boring.
          BoxingIsGreat BoxingIsGreat likes this.

Comment

Robson did much better against Valdez than Shakur. Plus Robson is a Gold Medalist, not a Silver Medalist. Shakur will struggle with Robson and can probably lose if Robson comes in at his best.

Comment

Third consecutive top 5 ranked fighter for Shakur. Meanwhile Tank stuck on one top five fighter 5 years ago.
              MONGOOSE66 MONGOOSE66 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

————-
                I usually agree with you but I think you are being a little harsh on Shakur by calling him over rated.
                Most people are high on him and so far he’s proven to belong. He’s still got some ways to got but he’s getting there. By end of 2023, the smoke at 130 and 135 will clear. One way or another. That’s when I’d judge him

Comment

The two guys who beat Valdez, ie. Shakur and Robson.

Comment

I dont visualize Shakur as an aggressive fighter. I believe he could be and could probably be considered a power puncher but that would be a complete revamp. He doesn't like being hit and a power puncher that goes for the knockout is gonna get hit plain and simple

Comment

Working...
                    X