Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oscar Rivas-Lukasz Rozanski Postponed Due To Logistical Issues, New Date Sought

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oscar Rivas-Lukasz Rozanski Postponed Due To Logistical Issues, New Date Sought

Oscar Rivas' dream of defending a major title in his birth country is officially on hold. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that Rivas' planned WBC Bridgerweight title defense versus Poland's Lukasz Rozanski has been postponed. The bout was due to headline an August 13 show at Estadio Pascual Guerrero in Cali, Colombia. However, on-site issues beyond the control of GYM [Groupe Yvon Michel] Promotions to move off the date with hopes of rescheduling in September.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It’s hardly a major title if it’s in an unrecognised division

That being said, it isn’t the fighters fault

Comment

Its not a major title..

WBC & fat boy Sulaiman playing themselves again.

Comment

The logistical issue of nobody caring

Comment

What a lame cop out to grab a “World Title” in a brand new division against some random. Nobody gonna take him seriously as a World Champ

Comment

I'm going to go rogue on this one a bit though...I don't hate the idea of this division.

I know we all have belt/org fatigue but I personally think the wba and regular titles to be worse for the sport than this.

I have asked myself for years "wouldn't it suck to naturally weigh 215?"

With the mammoth guys we have been getting at heavy have cut out a whole lot of folks from the competitive mix. Yes you get your odd Byrd/Hunter type but I can't help but feel we are missing out on something. Hell when HW was at it's most popular this was the weight range.
            mawoodhouse mawoodhouse likes this.

Comment

Look just stick rivas in with Allen babic for this micky mouse belt and let him earn some money there

Comment

Originally posted by El_Feroz99 View Post
                I'm going to go rogue on this one a bit though...I don't hate the idea of this division.

I know we all have belt/org fatigue but I personally think the wba and regular titles to be worse for the sport than this.

I have asked myself for years "wouldn't it suck to naturally weigh 215?"

With the mammoth guys we have been getting at heavy have cut out a whole lot of folks from the competitive mix. Yes you get your odd Byrd/Hunter type but I can't help but feel we are missing out on something. Hell when HW was at it's most popular this was the weight range.
                When you look at it from that aspect, yes you are right. But another thing they could have done is expand the limits on the existing upper divisions (LHW and Cruiserweight OR create a Super HW division instead for anyone say 240 and up)

Comment

Originally posted by mawoodhouse View Post

When you look at it from that aspect, yes you are right. But another thing they could have done is expand the limits on the existing upper divisions (LHW and Cruiserweight OR create a Super HW division instead for anyone say 240 and up)
                  Yes that would be an option as well, but would require all orgs and commissions to buy in from the start
                  mawoodhouse mawoodhouse likes this.

Comment

Working...
                  X