Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew: If Canelo is On His A-Game in Rematch, I Think He Beats Bivol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bellew: If Canelo is On His A-Game in Rematch, I Think He Beats Bivol

Former cruiserweight champion Tony Bellew believes Mexican superstar Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez has what it takes to get revenge on Dmitry Bivol in a potential rematch. Back in May, Bivol outboxed Canelo over twelve rounds to retain the WBA light heavyweight title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by Tony Bellend
    If he’s on his ‘A’ game that night he fights Bivol, I think he beats him. He wasn’t on his ‘A’ game so he has to do better.

blackbakers blackbakers eco1 eco1 like this.

Comment

Never understood this logic, coming from a former world champion at that.

Bivol's ability, style and gameplan is what made Canelo be "off his game".

Any fighter can use that excuse when they lose. What's Bellew's best win? Makabu? Maybe Makabu wasn't on his A game that night and that's why he lost?

Comment

There just isn't anything Canelo can do better to overcome Bivol's length, better movement and tight D. Bivol would need to fall apart for Canelo's A-game to be effective. Canelo just doesn't have the tools for this job in his shed.

Comment

Nobody should ask his opinion after this kind of nonsense. Canelo won 1 or 2 rounds and reason for that isn't that Canelo wasn't in his "A-game". The reason is that Bivol is much better boxer in a weight class where Canelo doesn't belong

Comment

Canelo is too short to be effective at Light Heavy. He's practically too short to fight at 168, but the belt holders were all b-level.

Comment

Bellew’s right but forgot to mention that Bivol needs to bring his Z game

Comment

Bellew is a r3tard
                super-x super-x likes this.

Comment

He was clearly off his game and even leading up to the fight the focus was there the desire was visibly missing… I can’t put my finger on what exactly it wa so I’m sure the people in his circle know, but it’s unprofessional and disappointing to his team and disrespectful to the sport to cash those millions and not be at your absolute best! Don’t want to take anything away from Bivol he did his thing and much much respect and props to him and his team he deserved the win that night! But like Tony said, if Canelo comes 100 in the rematch, he will beat Bivol… easily

Comment

Based on 115-113 cards, Bivol just has to slip on water and it is called a knockdown. Canelo wins. People are crazy if they think they wouldn't have rigged the first fight if Bivol gave them the opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                    X