Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin: Bivol Loss Was Good For Canelo, It Brought Him Back To Reality

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin: Bivol Loss Was Good For Canelo, It Brought Him Back To Reality

LOS ANGELES - Gennadiy Golovkin believes it was beneficial for Canelo Alvarez to suffer just his second career loss when the Mexican star dropped a unanimous decision against Dmitry Bivol in May.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    _Maxi _Maxi likes this.

Alvared had already won a title at 175 when he cherry picked a shot Kovalev. He was riding high on his duck horse and chose Bivol to avoid Charlo and Benavidez. the cherry pick back fired simple and plain. Now he's back to fighting old slow ass golovkin to make himself look good again. He and his corner doesn't no how to make adjustments when things aren't going well. clenelo needs a new trainer after the golovkin trilogy
    Wacked_Out Wacked_Out likes this.

Comment

Yes, now he can stop dreaming about beating Usyk at cruiserweight. Canelo hype was insane.

Comment

At least he was only three wins away from being undisputed p4p goat ever. (Bivol, Beterbiev and Usyk) He tried and failed. There is a reason for weight classes.

Your reality is world of Kamils and Muratas. Canelo will bring you back to reality by career ending beating.

Comment

No, Canelo lives in his own reality. In his mind he has never lost a fight legitimately. Canelo's ego is that big, being humbled is just not something he's capable of.

Comment

Canelo, while himself a good fighter, was never as good as the hype they came from his fans or the boxing establishment that feels it needs a popular Mexican fighter to produce results in the usa. He was gifted more than one decision and should probably have about 3-4 losses on his record. He was very much humbled by Bivol. I think it will take another loss though, not for him personally but for the boxing establishment that wants very much for him to sit atop the boxing world

Comment

Nvm.......

Comment

Wasn’t this same exact headline posted weeks ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Silence View Post
                  Canelo will bring you back to reality by career ending beating.
                  Neither of these fighters is capable of doing that to the other. Both are very crafty fighters, hard to catch really clean, and even when they get hit clean and hard, they have both proved they are incredibly tough. Smart observers have respect for the fighting abilities of both men.

The only footnote is this: People who follow the sport wish Canelo had never gotten popped for PEDs, especially since the tests were surprises to him resulting from well-founded suspicions. I hope he’s clean now, and I hope he gets surprise-tested a couple of times between now and fight day, and I hope he comes back clean.
                  Last edited by Bro. Steve; 07-25-2022, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Silence View Post
                    At least he was only three wins away from being undisputed p4p goat ever. (Bivol, Beterbiev and Usyk) He tried and failed. There is a reason for weight classes.

Your reality is world of Kamils and Muratas. Canelo will bring you back to reality by career ending beating.
                    Why didn't Canelo show that reality to GGG in 2017? He had a chance when GGG was 35 and started sliding. Didn't work out too well for Canelo, did it? Now, you will be giving credit to Canelo in his prime for fighting 40 y.o. GGG. Funny how standards work in your head, they seem to be doubling.

Canelo in his career has never fought a top level (HOF or HOF candidate) fighter below 35. Let that sink in. Well, I don't know if Bivol is HOF yet, but if he is, then I'll correct myself and say that Canelo has never won against a HOF fighter below 35. There is a reason he waits them all out. GGG proved to be a tough case, so Canelo decided to make sure this time and wait until his 40. All these 4 years since their second fight holding a grudge and making it a "personal fight". 4 years, Carl. Jesus, imagine what it was like to fight a prime 32 y.o. GGG. Canelo: "I hate GGG. He is an a$$hole. I'll wait for 4 years fighting 1,5 truly dangerous opponents (Bivol and half of Kovalev) and then I'll show him."
                    Last edited by alexjust; 07-25-2022, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X