Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amanda Serrano: I Think Katie Taylor Wants The Rematch; I Would Go To Ireland

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Amanda Serrano: I Think Katie Taylor Wants The Rematch; I Would Go To Ireland

Amanda Serrano is certain she deserved to beat Katie Taylor in their fantastic action fight April 30 at Madison Square Garden. After suffering a split-decision defeat in perhaps the most memorable women's boxing match in the sport's history, however, all Serrano can do is hope Taylor grants her an opportunity to avenge her only loss in the past 10 years. Taylor snapped Serrano's 28-fight winning streak when she won their 10-round fight and retained her IBF, WBA, WBC and WBO 135-pound championships.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Serrano almost got her out of there early and proceeded to coast the rest of the fight. I think it was partially age and partially thinking she was winning rounds boxing when she wasn't.

Katie clearly won that fight IMO.

Comment

From the moment Taylors hand was raised, she made it apparent, she wanted the rematch. Their the only ones that have tried to make this rematch. Why is a Serrano acting like the penny has just dropped lol? It took a long time for the first fight to be made, because Serrano dragged her heels for a couple of years. Now she's going through that same routine. She doesn't need to defend any belt. This fight is bigger than that. Give the damn belt up and get on with the rematch if you truly want it. Win or lose, those other belts can be re-won at a later date.
      Monty Fisto Monty Fisto Smash Smash like this.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        Serrano almost got her out of there early and proceeded to coast the rest of the fight. I think it was partially age and partially thinking she was winning rounds boxing when she wasn't.

Katie clearly won that fight IMO.
        Taylor is one tough woman. She was teetering on the brink, and saw it though. She turned it around and deserved the victory. Sometimes, when you've given it all you have, and you can't get the finish, it can take too much out of you. Thats why imo, Serrano doesn't want a rematch just now. Down the line maybe. But she needs to feel good about herself again, which is why she's moving on with a fight nobody is bothered about. I think her confidence has been dented.
        Monty Fisto Monty Fisto eco1 eco1 like this.

Comment

Mad respect for these two for putting on such a great fight. Imo the only loser that night were folks who didnt tune in. I'm ok with them taking a fight or two before a rematch.

Comment

lol she says she wants the rematch & would go to ireland after she has signed to her next fight on her boyfriends undercard and her fans tell us taylor is ducking her, not a word from her when they were actually trying to make the fight for this sept, typical serrano but i still like her
            Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Taylor won the fight.
              Serrano didn't want a rematch at that moment and is now talking maybe to save face? I don't know, but Taylor won the first fight.

Comment

It doesn't matter what either one of them say, and our opinion's don't actually carry, or win the argument.
                The only thing that really counts is if they fight the rematch, all this back, and forth is a waste of time.
                Serrano you, and Taylor must convince your promoters to make this fight happen before you're both to old for it to matter.
                Taylor turned 36, on 7/2/2022, Serrano win turn 34, on 10/9/2022, they aren't spring chicken's, they're getting close to becoming old hen's.
                The time is now, for late this year 2022, or early next year 2023, I think that 2024 will put them past their primes.
                Make it happen wherever, a true champion is able to fight anywhere around the world, and win even in their opponent's back yard.

Comment

​I don't think there's any doubt that Taylor takes this fight again. The first fight was huge, the rematch would be bigger, she wants to fight in Ireland, and Serrano is the perfect fight for it.

Serrano put up the obstacles in the first fight, even backing out of a signed deal, she's putting up obstacles again now.

Just make the fight, she was so close to winning the first time, nearly had Taylor out of there, but she didn't and she lost. She's gotta believe she can do it the second time around, she has nothing to lose.

Comment

Perhaps Serrano is waiting out Taylor so she can fight her a year or two older, hoping she slides a little and making it an easier contest then the first. Smart move as you think Katy hasn’t got many more fights left in her. She’s mentioned motherhood in previous interviews and is currently 36 years old.

Comment

Working...
                    X