Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Francisco Estrada: Bam Rodriguez is Great Fighter, Hopefully We'll Fight in 2023

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juan Francisco Estrada: Bam Rodriguez is Great Fighter, Hopefully We'll Fight in 2023

WBC "Franchise" super flyweight champion Juan Francisco "Gallo" Estrada has now fully recovered from COVID-19 and is training for his next fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I remember when 'El Gallo' was 'El Pollito' , he was like the 'Bam' of his day : jumping not up but DOWN to 108 to face Roman Gonzalez for his world-title contest, it was a FOTY contender back in 2012. Unlike Jesse Rodriguez, Juan Francisco Estrada did not have the same luck as Rodriguez when he stepped up the first time against the future P4P, but like Jesse got a break and returned to Flyweight and beat the unified champion at 122 Brian Viloria for gold in China or Macao -- of all places.

Another thing worth mentioning, Juan Fransico Estrada and Roman Gonzalez hustled and fought for notoriety on under-cards -- Gonzalez even appeared on Estrada's under-card when he was rebuilding his career after the upset KO loss to Rungvisai.

I see Jesse benefitting from the groundwork of Estrada and the rest of the flyweights that made this division the best in the sport during the last decade. Thanks to the veterans, Jesse is headlining on a major platform ( DAZN ) that was very rare to see back in the day, it took some time before 'Chocolatito' earned a contract with HBO. But I wish all the best to Jesse, I hope that he keeps 112-115-118 alive and going strong for many years to come.

WAR Superfly!

Comment

No reason why that fight can't happen after Estrada's August fight if both fighters want it.

Although, as regards that August fight for Estrada mentioned, I thought he was on the hook for a mandatory?
      Last edited by tokon; 07-21-2022, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Jotolatito would be ducking bam

Comment

Working...
        X