Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin: We'll See If My Power Carries Over To 168, I Believe It Does

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin: We'll See If My Power Carries Over To 168, I Believe It Does

It's rare for a boxer to compete in one weight class for the entirety of a career, but that's exactly what 40-year-old Gennadiy Golovkin has done. Ever since turning professional in 2006 after winning a silver medal in the 2004 Olympics in the 75-kilogram weight class, Golovkin (42-1-1, 37 KOs) has fought exclusively as a middleweight in 44 fights.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Tailored made to make alvared look good again. Gol-old-vkin will need that extra to take the amount of punches coming his way. He's slow as hell and cherry picked at the perfect time

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
      Tailored made to make alvared look good again. Gol-old-vkin will need that extra to take the amount of punches coming his way. He's slow as hell and cherry picked at the perfect time
      Amen…Canelo, despite all his “its personal” BS, waited 4 yrs and now has every advantage there is…the biggest being age and the huge weight advantage he will have when they step into the ring. Huge cherry-pick by Canelo!

Comment

I don't see why it wouldn't.
        GelfSara GelfSara likes this.

Comment

Punch power is permanent. GGG's power works on between 154-168. 175 lbers would laugh his punches.

Comment

Golovkin being coy here. It's clear that he has been knocking a few buildings down. Canelo is getting it. Nash out.

Comment

Can't help but smile at the lowkey diss G has been giving to canelo.

Comment

I always remember the final press workout that Golovkin had before fighting Kell Brook.

The Boom of his punches hitting the pads, was unsettling Johnny Nelson and the other UK presenters although they were trying to conceal it.

It was awesome.

Golovkin is going to be a better fighter than his last fight at 168 pounds. With most fighters these days, a big part of actually winning is 'Making the weight'.

It just seems like we are in a boxing era, where whether a fighter wins or loses. Is all about how well they make the weight.

This is the culture of weight draining, and the modern era. It is not entirely if ever pure raw competition.

That is why the Heavyweight Division as a open class division, is the best division. It is the purest of competition.
                Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 07-20-2022, 12:11 PM.
                SteelFist01 SteelFist01 likes this.

Comment

You havent got power GGG. Nelo took your punches and smiled. The Murata guy ate your shots all night. You cant be perfect for just 2 seconds like Deontay.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    You havent got power GGG. Nelo took your punches and smiled. The Murata guy ate your shots all night. You cant be perfect for just 2 seconds like Deontay.
                    his punches seemed more powerful when he was with abel. or it could just been the choices of opponents.

Comment

Working...
                    X