Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia: I'm Pushing Joshua To Be Aggressive, To Be a Mean Guy in The Ring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia: I'm Pushing Joshua To Be Aggressive, To Be a Mean Guy in The Ring

Robert Garcia, trainer of two-time heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua, explains that his boxer is entering next month's rematch with Oleksandr Usyk with a brand new mindset.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Robert is a good trainer but Joshy just doesn't have it in him. He is mentally soft

Comment

Early in his career when Josh got you in trouble, the finish was near for you. When he smelt blood, he was clinical.

Comment

P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Joshua is mentally finished, he's David Price now.

I look forward to this one being done with and Usyk facing a real challenge.

Comment

So true that's what aj needs with that physical he needs to run people down but always have defensive skills when needed

Comment

I have a feeling AJ will surprise a few people by looking good for a few rounds but the mental pressure will tire him by round 4/5

Comment

Well at least Joshua is giving this a good go. He knows the style of fight, that he must bring.

Joshua's detractors are still petrified, absolutely terrified of the prospect of him winning.

They know he has the ability, and the armament to cause some damage vs Usyk. It is just about everything aligning.

Tactics, preparation, attitude etc.

For me, I think one of the major factors in him winning is? His conditioning. And I am not one of these people who over exaggerate his stamina issues.

Nobody in this era of heavyweights, has great stamina. All of these super heavyweights for me, none have super elite endurance.

Tyson Fury's endurance is completely overrated. He was wasted after a few rounds vs Wilder II 'Which was meant to be one of his best performances'.

And even against Kiltschko, he did not exactly go through the gears 'And the fight was not fought at a really high intensity'.

Joshua at 250 pounds vs Kiltschko fought for a long duration at a high intensity. One of the main reasons why he won that fight was his endurance.

Getting up off the deck, and coming through the bombardment of Kiltschko 'Required a certain level of endurance'.

Since Joshua has been coming in around 240 pounds and under, his endurance, durability and punching power has gone backwards.

It is not just the numbers I look at, it is the performances which come with them. If Joshua had performed great at these weights, I would not even bring it up.

I think Joshua needs to be a tad heavier, between 242-245 pounds. Joshua actually performed well vs Pulev and his conditioning was a bit better.

But then vs Usyk, it went backwards once again.

Comment

By going after Usyk, AJ might get knocked out. But, he's got to try something different.

He can't outbox Usyk, even though he has the height, reach and size advantage. Tyson Fury can, but I don't think Joshua can.

Comment

I've been favoring Usyk to win the rematch. But the addition of Robert Garcia and this aggressive mentality (with the technique to go along with it) could be a huge plus in Joshua's favor.

Comment

Working...
                    X