Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Santa Cruz Ordered To Face Wood, Goulamirian Must Fight Merhy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Santa Cruz Ordered To Face Wood, Goulamirian Must Fight Merhy

The World Boxing Association has applied a lot of pressure on their WBA 'super' champion at featherweight, Leo Santa Cruz. Santa Cruz has not made a mandatory defense of the featherweight belt since June of 2018. The Mexican boxer had to make a mandatory defense by June of 2020. The last time Santa Cruz defended that title was back in February of 2019.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Has 24 hours to decide.

Comment

Wonder if he vacates and just fights Vargas for the WBC belt
      Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

I don't think there will be problems making the Santa Cruz vs Vargas fight with or without WBA's blessings.

Comment

Someone who can social media this crooked org should ask them why they are not ordering Haney to fight Davis. I can't wait to laugh at the response they get back, if they do. I don't know why Santa Cruz is even bothering with this Wood guy. Who the hell is that?

I wish for a double drop of these trinkets from Leo and Gervonta.
          Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 07-19-2022, 03:38 PM.

Comment

funny how Belt Organization get in the way of the Better fight only to force us to have to see Santa Cruz vs Wood

at this stage in Santa Cruz Career, he shouldn't be force to fight Leigh Wood, he should be in big fights like vs Vargas so if he Drops I totally understand OR he can just take care of Wood while Vargas and Magsayo run it back

lets see what they do with Zurdo and Bivol
            Last edited by sicko; 07-19-2022, 03:52 PM.

Comment

I have no doubt it's Santa Cruz the one that is holding things up. He's got history of being diva and having enormous sense of entitlement. He didn't give Frampton his 3rd fight which LSC promised. He demanded a tune up fight before taking on Mares rematch, which was silly. As if Mares was this super dangerous fight when Abner was almost on his way out.

Santa Cruz don't know what to do now. Both Vargas and Wood are dangerous fights for him. Looks like he's lessening his diva-ness on the Wood fight and want to avoid Vargas.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                Wonder if he vacates and just fights Vargas for the WBC belt
                If he doesn’t Wood will vacate and fight Warrington for the IBF.

Either way one of them is dropping a belt I reckon. LSC will probably ask for an exemption from the WBA for a unification with Vargas. If it’s granted Wood vacates, if it’s rejected Santa Cruz will vacate. That’s how I see it anyway.
                BigZ44 BigZ44 Zaroku Zaroku like this.

Comment

Wow! Leo Santa Cruz is a cancer to the featherweight division, and to make things worse, that Euro-Bum Leigh Wood may be 'promoted' to 'Super-champion'. It's all bad, that's how these WBA consolidation scenarios usually end-up, just sht.

Comment

Oh wow, they're suddenly in rush to make the Wood fight.

It's more looking like they're avoiding the Vargas fight. Why are these people being prompted all of a sudden?

It's a conspiracy!!

Comment

Working...
                    X