Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tank Davis vs. Garcia Fight Has To Happen With DAZN's Involvement, Golden Boy COO Says

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tank Davis vs. Garcia Fight Has To Happen With DAZN's Involvement, Golden Boy COO Says

LOS ANGELES - Soon after Ryan Garcia rocked and dropped Javier Fortuna three times and scored a sixth-round knockout, fans at the Crypto.com Arena started chanting "we want Tank! we want Tank! we want Tank!" in unison.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It won’t happen because this fight is not big enough for a co promotion. Too many hands to feed and not enough revenue.
    Jayallday9 Jayallday9 Regge Regge like this.

Comment

And we are back to square one

Comment

Let’s see if GBP can do what Matchroom can’t and keep their star fighting on DAZN.

Comment

“Golden Boy has a deal with DAZN. I don't think Ryan Garcia, personally, has a deal with DAZN. I'm not the expert on that aspect of it. But it's not as if they signed Ryan Garcia to an exclusive contract. I mean, DAZN repeatedly said, 'hey we're going to Deontay Wilder, the Charlos, Danny Garcia, Keith Thurman, and all of these guys because they weren't signed exclusively to Showtime.' Well, shoes on the other foot now. Why would we need to go to DAZN when DAZN isn't signed to Ryan exclusively?”
          ————-

man has a point here.
          MC Hammer MC Hammer Rodtang Rodtang like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            “Golden Boy has a deal with DAZN. I don't think Ryan Garcia, personally, has a deal with DAZN. I'm not the expert on that aspect of it. But it's not as if they signed Ryan Garcia to an exclusive contract. I mean, DAZN repeatedly said, 'hey we're going to Deontay Wilder, the Charlos, Danny Garcia, Keith Thurman, and all of these guys because they weren't signed exclusively to Showtime.' Well, shoes on the other foot now. Why would we need to go to DAZN when DAZN isn't signed to Ryan exclusively?”
            ————-

man has a point here.
            Does Gervonta have an exclusive contract with Showtime and did Charlo or any of the guys go to DAZN?

Comment

I mean, DAZN repeatedly said, 'hey we're going to Deontay Wilder, the Charlos, Danny Garcia, Keith Thurman, and all of these guys because they weren't signed exclusively to Showtime.' said Stephen Espinoza

There is a difference Stephen, none of those fighters HAVE A PROMOTER tied to a promotional outfit, while Garcia has a promoter tied to network platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                ————-

man has a point here.
                None of the PBC fighters except Davis is signed to a promoter, and Davis has fought on FOX before so there is no exclusivity deal. i remember when Espinoza was getting mad because half of the fighters from PBC was fighting on FOX.

Comment

"I mean, DAZN repeatedly said, 'hey we're going to Deontay Wilder, the Charlos, Danny Garcia, Keith Thurman, and all of these guys because they weren't signed exclusively to Showtime.' Well, shoes on the other foot now."

The shoe is on the other foot and DAZN may not have the same leverage to threaten Ryan the way the PBC was able to frighten Wilder, Charlos and Danny into walking away from well over $110 million.
                  Last edited by factsarenice; 07-18-2022, 10:50 AM.

Comment

cRyan packed the house that night. 2 of my primos were there and they said it looked sold out. This fight, if it materializes, should be split between both networks

Comment

Working...
                    X