Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia Marches Forward To Bigger Things, Eager To Shine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia Marches Forward To Bigger Things, Eager To Shine

By Corey Erdman - People have varying opinions about Ryan Garcia as a fighter and as a person, but one thing everyone can agree on is that he knows how to work a camera. You don't become a face of fragrance and clothing campaigns without being rather conventionally attractive, and you don't amass nearly nine million Instagram followers, generally, without having a sense of timing and a knowledge of how to be compelling.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He should stay at 135 where he has the most advantage, for as long as he can.
    Marvin Santiago Marvin S likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PredatorStyle View Post
      He doesn't want to fight the tougher fights over there. He will never beat haney and loma, plus shakur is also going to move up soon, so ryan is pretty much screwed if he stays.

Comment

Lad’s obviously has top shelf talent. It’s time to see him in with some championship calibre opponents his own size now. He looked like a full grown man vs an adolescent in there last weekend

Comment

Originally posted by PredatorStyle View Post
          bingo. that's a key here. but being an a-side, ryan could ask little guys like jojo or isaac cruz to come to 140 and they would

Comment

All you people that only see the photos on all of this hypes, are the ones asking stp questions! Fortuna is the one that insisted on 140? Did you guys read that article? Ryan was upset for not being at 135 initially! Did you guys read that? Who has tank fought other than Cruz who gave him hell? Romero a weak a$$ challenger with a mouth more full than his repertory? None of these guys are legend yet! Stop treating them like so. They are making much noise partially cause of the new young era of social media! But we the real boxing fans know! Tank stop fking around and give Cruz his rematch. stop ducking him! Ryan, Teo will get stop by any top 10lber who is already proven! Taylor or even Ramirez. Haney must perform another sleeper vs the Aussie!

Comment

Haney, Teo, Tank, which are smaller guys, would all still be difficult fights for Garcia. Beating a fat Fortuna doesn't really convince anybody. Put him in against a guy like Mathias and we'll really see what he's got.

Comment

He's carefully matched; and he can afford to take mental health vacations due to his age and alternate revenue streams. Good for him, as long as he's fine with it. I just want to see him in 50/50 fights.

OK, he recovered nicely from a knockdown and stopped Luke Campbell. He gets credit for that. But I still don't think the resume justifies the way he talks about his standing in the sport.

BTW, not his fault, but the way boxing journalists proclaim the current 4 Kings (in the LW division) is totally off wrt the Fab 4.

Comment

KingRy vs. Haney at 135 is the fight I want to see the most

Comment

Hi Mr Erdman, Congratulations, Your paper is one of the two or the three best i read in 10 years or more on this site! Immediately i checked the comments...Cautiously i will say that the reaction of the fans, the hardcore blokes, was cold... They continued to compulsively whine upon the quality of RG opposition. That is obvious but that was not the subject matter of your very clear and nicely shaped presentation...Why they are doing that? Because they are IMBECILES! So, why i am myself at the age of 85 loosing my precious time with boxing? Because i am an IMBECILE OF COURSE! Boxing is corrupt and repelling...Champs ride 30 victories or more and you don't remember one match...They do not meet each other or only after "marination"...The speech itself is vicious. A tomato can is called a brave, experienced dangerous veteran...In reality is a candidate to DP Why the establishment, promoters, boxers, media, athletic commissions, etc are mishandling the FANS? Because they are Imbeciles! Otherwise they wouldn't accept the world titles masquerade. Of the few fight sports Boxing is the most corrupt and the ferocious MMA the less or not more than is humanely permitted However the issue remains the same. The individual RG instantiates a new kind of animal, the mediatic fighter and a part of the its features can be recognized also among the more traditional performers. So long…

Comment

Working...
                    X