Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia-Javier Fortuna, Undercard Weigh-In Results From Los Angeles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia-Javier Fortuna, Undercard Weigh-In Results From Los Angeles

LOS ANGELES - Ryan Garcia's size advantage over Javier Fortuna was on full display Friday at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Fortuna is a seasoned veteran, he's dirty and still dangerous. I expect fireworks. But the younger-fresher Garcia is just too big, too quick, too powerful, too hungry and too good.

KingRy by KO 4
    Last edited by KING S.O.G; 07-16-2022, 01:04 AM.
    Fact Fact 1hourRun 1hourRun like this.

Comment

Already getting gifts, even at the weigh-ins. Why am I watching this? Maybe to laugh at Garcia I guess. But Ryan is a lame, he should of took that watch and thrown it in the audience -- two more L's for Fortuna and Hoecia.
      Last edited by 1hourRun; 07-15-2022, 04:57 PM.
      jonnyc420 jonnyc420 likes this.

Comment

Clown show, guys couldn't keep up the act til after the fight? It's funny how these guys pretend, can't fool the real Boxing public. When the hate is real people know it.
        1hourRun 1hourRun likes this.

Comment

I think Garcia sticking at 140 will allow him to be more active comfortably without any health issues. Though considering his latest opponents it is difficult to give him credit considering their much smaller size, also most light welterweights are at Top Rank.
          Last edited by Feroz; 07-15-2022, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Wait, this fight is at 140? Was that originally announced? Don't feel like I heard a peep about this not being at 135. I wonder if Garcia can't make the weight anymore. GB just gonna try to casually ignore the weights for this one and hope nobody notices

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
              Wait, this fight is at 140? Was that originally announced? Don't feel like I heard a peep about this not being at 135. I wonder if Garcia can't make the weight anymore. GB just gonna try to casually ignore the weights for this one and hope nobody notices
              In this case apparently Fortuna was struggling to make weight in time, however Garcia has mentioned he might permanently move to light welterweight.

Difficult to see how he get fights in the division considering DAZN has no elite light welterweights in their promotion.
              Last edited by Feroz; 07-15-2022, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Already getting gifts, even at the weigh-ins. Why am I watching this? Maybe to laugh at Garcia I guess. But Ryan is a lame, he should of took that watch and thrown it in the audience -- two more L's for Fortuna and Hoecia.
                At least this won’t be a hug-fest, though judging by your sig, that might not be a selling point for you.

Comment

Originally posted by El Escorpion View Post

In this case apparently Fortuna was struggling to make weight in time, however Garcia has mentioned he might permanently move to light welterweight in the post weight in interview since he considers feeling better at that division.

Difficult to see how he get fights in the division considering DAZN has no elite light welterweights in their promotion.
                  Yes, I was just thinking about this. I'll be interested to hear what is said in the post fight interview tomorrow. GB has nobody at 140, so Garcia will either be stuck in no man's land or he'll have to dumb GB or GB will have to work with other promoters to get him fights, unless they think they can quickly get him into a mandatory position. Maybe the WBC will insert him high up their rankings at 140 and he can get a Sandor Martin fight as an eliminator or something

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post

Yes, I was just thinking about this. I'll be interested to hear what is said in the post fight interview tomorrow. GB has nobody at 140, so Garcia will either be stuck in no man's land or he'll have to dumb GB or GB will have to work with other promoters to get him fights, unless they think they can quickly get him into a mandatory position. Maybe the WBC will insert him high up their rankings at 140 and he can get a Sandor Martin fight as an eliminator or something
                    Like you mentioned GB doesn't really have other 140 pounders, they likely force lightweights to move up to fight Garcia like William Zepeda or Oscar Duarte. The only way other promotions will want to collaborate with Ryan Garcia is if he has big a win such as Gervonta and a large following.

Because realistically promotions don't really care how skilled boxers are now in days, they care more on how many viewers it attracts.

Comment

Working...
                    X