Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson Praises Crawford, Recalls Getting 'Worst Whooping' In Sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson Praises Crawford, Recalls Getting 'Worst Whooping' In Sparring

Shakur Stevenson has the kind of confidence that makes him believe he can beat Canelo Alvarez today and Floyd Mayweather Jr. in his prime--but that does not mean that he has never been on the receiving end of a beatdown.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Crawford's reach is on par with Erislandy Lara but he likes to mix it up. Not sure about a 155 match-up with Canelo. Given he can fight southpaw which forces an orthodox fighter, esp a Philly shell fighter, to go high guard and his reach is greater than FMW Jr's. Mayweather would have never taken the fight. That's like FMW fighting Lara for the 154 WBA and WBC belts vs bamboozling fanboys into buying 2 Maidana fights.

Comment

I'm sure that sparring session was lite-work for TBC, 'Bud' was not going to open a can of whoop ass on young Shakur Stevenson. But Errol Spence jr. is in for the beating of his life.

Comment

J'ai bien hate de voir spence ecraser crawford qui a jamais battu personne de notable lol spence par ko et crawford qui se sauve sur le ring....!car spence va i mettre la pression qu'il a jamais vue de sa vie.....! vous verrez bien.....! crawford va tomber....!
        Last edited by boxingtop24; 07-14-2022, 09:04 AM.

Comment

With crawford's weak ass resume, his sparring session with a 17 year old could be his 3rd or 4th best win.

Comment

might be going off topic but man reading this really brought my mind back to the time of Wilfred Benitez and how great this guy was. This dude Stevenson was in amateur tournaments at that age while Benitez was the Champion of the same division Shakur fights in. man just let that sink in.

Comment

Of course Stevenson's gonna be better after those sparring sessions. Bud's been TBE anyway, so....nothing to see here!

Comment

Crawfish keep beating much smaller fighters than him.

Comment

Nice of him to give props to a friend and mentor - we wouldn't expect anything else, but I say Spence beats Crawford because his size, ability to deal with crafty confident boxers, fight rugged, inside and wear guys down - Crawford is the naturally smaller guy - Spence has been in with some of the best boxers of this generation who came in confident and with undefeated records.

I'll say it now - if this fight ever gets made and let's pray to the boxing gods it does: I'm a Spence by either UD or SD.

Crawford will make it an outside chess match in the early rounds, using feints and traps, but once Spence finds his distance, wand walks Crawford down, it's game over.

Having said that it could turn into one of those trilogies' rivalries- which is what promoters live for: that's where the big money rolls in.

Comment

Wonder why Stevenson isn't calling out Davis already building the hype, the fact that Gervonta isn't said in every interview is very telling. For those who think Crawford gets beat up by a bigger Spence and the dumb comment about him facing smaller opposition, review the Brooks and Benevidez tapes and explain why he won't be able to slap Spence who always bends low and pulls back with his hands down.

Comment

Working...
                    X