Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Showtime Exec on Paul-Rahman Jr: Lot of Guys We Considered and Dismissed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Showtime Exec on Paul-Rahman Jr: Lot of Guys We Considered and Dismissed

In the end, Hasim Rahman Jr. met all the criteria to be involved in Jake Paul's latest foray in the ring. Rahman Jr., a six-year professional and the son of the former heavyweight champion, will take on YouTube star-turned boxer Paul in an eight-round cruiserweight bout set for Aug. 6 at Madison Square Garden on Showtime Pay-Per-View. The bout will be supported by Pauls' friend and business partner, Amanda Serrano, in a 10-round women's featherweight title bout against Brenda Karen Carabajal.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I bet it's a boring hug fest....

Comment

Such as? Drop some names. They are full of s**t.

Comment

Rahman looking to get what money he can for his fathers name after a KO loss in his last fight.

Comment

It’s just desperate **** let’s be honest .

Comment

I honestly don't get some of the ignorant comments here, I am not a fan of JP (personality wise being a moron) but how could anyone knock Rahman as a selection, over 100 amateur fights, won the Junior National Golden Gloves so is born into the sport, trained with Manny Steward for a while, the last stoppage was borderline - he was up and a bit tentative but ref didn't give him a chance to fight on after getting up. Don't turn the hate for JP into being completely irrational. Frankly Rahman is more than a challenge than Fury would be any day.

Yep Rahman is extremely limited, slow, pondering etc but how can anyone call him anything other than a legit professional is beyond me. Seems a lot of people believe anyone outside of the top 10 is simply in the wrong sport which seems unique to some boxing fans.

The ONLY concern I have is how he gets down from 224 in last fight (he weighed max of 274) to 214 lbs - that's the 'catch' that I am curious to figure out as Rahman didn't carry much fat in last fight and could be the trick that JP is playing to drain him into a shell. That's a DIFFERENT conversation to Rahman being a bad choice for JP level or shot etc because of one terrible outing where he messed up. I think JP probably wins but for his 6th fight to fight a bigger opponent an full professional - he deserves credit where it's due for someone who is boxing for 4 years.

As a fan of the sport also JP is bringing a new fan base, more money and investment into the sport so seems a bit petty to knock him because of his other antics - I'm pretty intrigued so far on what he achieved with his non existent fight background.
            Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by hennanra1000 View Post
              I honestly don't get some of the ignorant comments here, I am not a fan of JP (personality wise being a moron) but how could anyone knock Rahman as a selection, over 100 amateur fights, won the Junior National Golden Gloves so is born into the sport, trained with Manny Steward for a while, the last stoppage was borderline - he was up and a bit tentative but ref didn't give him a chance to fight on after getting up. Don't turn the hate for JP into being completely irrational. Frankly Rahman is more than a challenge than Fury would be any day.

Yep Rahman is extremely limited, slow, pondering etc but how can anyone call him anything other than a legit professional is beyond me. Seems a lot of people believe anyone outside of the top 10 is simply in the wrong sport which seems unique to some boxing fans.

The ONLY concern I have is how he gets down from 224 in last fight (he weighed max of 274) to 214 lbs - that's the 'catch' that I am curious to figure out as Rahman didn't carry much fat in last fight and could be the trick that JP is playing to drain him into a shell. That's a DIFFERENT conversation to Rahman being a bad choice for JP level or shot etc because of one terrible outing where he messed up. I think JP probably wins but for his 6th fight to fight a bigger opponent an full professional - he deserves credit where it's due for someone who is boxing for 4 years.

As a fan of the sport also JP is bringing a new fan base, more money and investment into the sport so seems a bit petty to knock him because of his other antics - I'm pretty intrigued so far on what he achieved with his non existent fight background.
              Someone pay you to write this? You should've waited til more comments poured in.
              jonnyc420 jonnyc420 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing IQ View Post

Someone pay you to write this? You should've waited til more comments poured in.
                Maybe i reacted quickly and a bit emotionally I wasn’t referring only to this thread. I just see a lot of comments writing off other boxers as ‘finished’ over one loss.

Comment

Working...
                X