No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Derek Chisora Fights On For The Fans And For The Money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Derek Chisora Fights On For The Fans And For The Money

By Corey Erdman - Every generation of heavyweights has its own Derek Chisora, the fighter who challenges all of the top names, beats the crop just beneath them, comes shot of winning a world title, but is thrilling to watch all along.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Dereck first caught my attention in the buildup to the Klitschko fight and I've been a fan since. I always felt he makes fights compelling, adds intrigue and more often than not delivered high drama when the opening bell rang.

Comment

This is a well written piece that sums up Chisora perfectly, he’s well liked as he backs up what he says, he’s willing to fight anyone and makes no excuses when he loses. The mid point of his career he had some dud performances, but he found the love again and is always emptying the tank, giving everything he’s got in the ring. Kudos to Dereck and I hope he gets the Wilder fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
        Dereck first caught my attention in the buildup to the Klitschko fight and I've been a fan since. I always felt he makes fights compelling, adds intrigue and more often than not delivered high drama when the opening bell rang.
        The first time I saw him fight live was at the Degale vs Groves fight in 2010, him and Fury were having a punch up in the seated area next to the ring haha!

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
          gave him a hell of a fight that night as well in the closing stages.
          The Conundrum The Conundrum likes this.

Comment

I am fan of that guy. Not gonna lie. I like his bravery and fan-friendly style.

Comment

I've never understood people who didn't like to watch chisora fight, he gives everything almost every fight, bar the odd snorefest when he's not quite focused on the job at hand.. sure he's not the best boxer on the planet but most people didn't watch Floyd cos of his elite tier boxing skills, it was mostly cos they were desperate to see him get his *ss kicked, chisora on the other hand gets bums on seats due to his never say die attitude even when he's in later rounds and it's starting to look more likely he's getting knocked out, he's still winging those huge right hands, and the one trait he is literally elite at is head movement, he's a master at that, to the point where it's the biggest reason he's able fight still at 38 when he's been in the ring with some straight killer's, he would have been completely punch drunk by now if it wasn't for that, shame his footwork isn't all that special, but it's exactly that reason that he's a compelling watch, u can see his flaws as he can't hide them well, so he loses to most decent level boxers unless he catches them before the final bell which is always a possibility with chisora though getting less likely these days with age, I'm certain that people who don't like his fights just don't like him personally for some reason, rather than for his performance's, cos I'd even pay money to see him fight a fkn nectarine if I'm honest

Comment

I am converted ! No one should tell this brave and seemly unaffected brave guy when to quit .What his promoter should be telling him is a rematch with either Pulev 3 or Whyte 3 no Wilder !!and then maybe spend some time counting his money ...both fights fill the 02 .
                The Conundrum The Conundrum likes this.

Comment

Derek Chisora is a fighter through, and through there is no doubt about that.
                  He also was richly deserving of the decision against Kubrat Pulev.
                  Who thought he was going to walk right through old Derek, boy was he surprised!
                  That said I think Derek is really gambling with his life now, in continuing his career in boxing.
                  He looked so tired after the fight, I was surprised that he was able to finish the post fight interview.

Comment

I like Del but I don't want to see him absorb any more punishment.
                    The fight against Pulev they both moved punched & reacted like shot old men, good fight at time's but no more, I'd like to see him retire.
                    If he does continue, definitely no Whyte or Pulev trilogies, yawn, fight someone else.
                    Fact Fact likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X