Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Figueroa Drops, Stops a Game Carlos Castro in Sixth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Brandon Figueroa Drops, Stops a Game Carlos Castro in Sixth

SAN ANTONIO - Carlos Castro came to fight Saturday night, but Brandon Figueroa's ferocity was just too much for him. The relentless Figueroa's volume overwhelmed Castro in the sixth round of a WBC featherweight elimination match at Alamodome. Referee Mark Nelson sensed Castro, who got up from a third-round knockdown, had taken too much punishment when he stepped between them with Castro backed against the ropes.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 07-09-2022, 09:49 PM.

What a fight!! Great stuff. Castro showed some heart in defeat.

Comment

Mang, nobody that i asked for a few min to a sec ago gave me a link to see this..smh

Comment

Something must be done about these incompetent referees. Premature stoppage.

Comment

Castro was lucky it didnt get stopped in the third. Figueroa threw like 50 punches with Castro just covering up and doing nothing in return

Comment

Yea that was a bad stoppage.

Comment

That whole broadcast crew and the referee are fkn trash. Castro didn’t complain because it’s not his style. Not everyone complains when they get screwed. Trash. I’m glad Figueroa got robbed against fulton.

Comment

Carlos Castro is a very good fighter but Figueroa is in another level. I would love to see him fight Navarrete.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty0616 View Post
                  Something must be done about these incompetent referees. Premature stoppage.
                  I disagree. He wasn't even blocking the shots, unlike what he did in the third. His hands were down and dropping lower as Figueroa continued to tee off on him.

Comment

Good to see the young Texan back in the win column. Always been a big fan of this young lad. He’s relentless, cast iron chin, and heavy hands. Will appreciate him as long as he’s around and glad to see he has a home with Al Haymon and premier boxing champions
                    landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X