Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Martin Drops Jackson Marinez Twice, Stops Him in Tenth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Martin Drops Jackson Marinez Twice, Stops Him in Tenth

SAN ANTONIO - Jackson Marinez gave Frank Martin just the type of work Martin expected for nearly nine rounds Saturday night. Then Martin demonstrated what separates them.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 07-09-2022, 09:09 PM.

He's about as much of a ghost as Robert Guerrero though - can't miss him with a straight right hand. Martin vs Michel Rivera, make it happen!

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
      He's about as much of a ghost as Robert Guerrero though - can't miss him with a straight right hand. Martin vs Michel Rivera, make it happen!
      I agree he was eating straight rights and lead lefts all night against a fighter who had 4 days notice and hadn't fought in a year and half coming off a knockout loss. He's got some decent power but I think Michel would beat him he has more power than Marinez and is just as good a boxer with better resistance.

Comment

Frank Martin vs Jose Valenzuela would be pretty entertaining.

Comment

Frank wasn't his best tonight, but he got the job done! He's gonna be a problem for anyone at 135! Just finished watching him drop and beat Vergil Ortiz Jr. in the amateurs @ 141! I would like to see Martin fight Pitbull or Rolly next! Salute to Marinez! He was doing good work! He might be damaged goods now, after Commey and Martin?
          mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            Frank wasn't his best tonight, but he got the job done! He's gonna be a problem for anyone at 135! Just finished watching him drop and beat Vergil Ortiz Jr. in the amateurs @ 141! I would like to see Martin fight Pitbull or Rolly next! Salute to Marinez! He was doing good work! He might be damaged goods now, after Commey and Martin?
            Not sure about that, unlike Jackson Marinez who not only was coming back from two consecutive losses, he was also coming from a 17-month delay unlike Frank Martin who was coming back from a camp preparing for a different opponent.

Also about fights in the amateurs is a different matter than professional boxing, Ryan Garcia beat Vergil Ortiz Jr twice in the amateurs and Shawn Porter beat Usyk but that wouldn't be the case currently.

Comment

Originally posted by ElDinamita07 View Post

Not sure about that, unlike Jackson Marinez who not only was coming back from two consecutive losses, he was also coming from a 17-month delay unlike Frank Martin who was coming back from a camp preparing for a different opponent.

Also about fights in the amateurs is a different matter than professional boxing, Ryan Garcia beat Vergil Ortiz Jr twice in the amateurs and Shawn Porter beat Usyk but that wouldn't be the case currently.
              Martin will be a problem for anybody @ 135 not named Tank or Lomachenko! Hopefully if Ali Rivera doesn't fight Tank, he fights Martin!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                Martin will be a problem for anybody @ 135 not named Tank or Lomachenko! Hopefully if Ali Rivera doesn't fight Tank, he fights Martin!
                Well that I agree with, Michel Rivera is a very good choice as a test for Martin.

There is also Gustavo Lemos, Jamaine Ortiz and Nakathila. But you know the issues with major promotions collaborating to make fights happen.
                Last edited by Feroz; 07-10-2022, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElDinamita07 View Post

Well that I agree with, Michel Rivera is a very good choice as a test for Martin.

There is also Gustavo Lemos, Jamaine Ortiz and Nakathila. But you know the issues with major promotions collaborating to make fights happen.
                  That's why I didn't even go there!

Comment

Working...
                  X