Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Derek Chisora Ends Losing Streak, Edges Kubrat Pulev To Secure Split Decision Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Derek Chisora Ends Losing Streak, Edges Kubrat Pulev To Secure Split Decision Win

Derek Chisora got a win when he needed it as pulled a split decision out of the fire against Kubrat Pulev in their heavyweight rematch at the O2 Arena, London, which turned out to be the war that was promised.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 07-09-2022, 05:29 PM.

Derek Chisora and Kubrat Pulev will meet for a second time at The O2 in London on Saturday July 9, live worldwide on DAZN (excluding Australia, New Zealand, Uzbekistan and France), over six years on from their 12-round battle for the European Heavyweight Title at the Barclaycard Arena in Hamburg, Germany. (photos by Mark Robinson)

It was Bulgarian star Pulev (29-2, 14 KOs) who came out on top on that occasion, winning a tough split decision that saw him progress in their IBF World Title Eliminator and claim the vacant European crown for the second time in his career.

British favorite Chisora (32-12, 23 KOs) has since faced some of the biggest names in the Heavyweight division, including WBC World Title challenger Dillian Whyte twice, WBA and IBF World Title challenger Carlos Takam, unified Heavyweight World Champion Oleksandr Usyk and most recently two slugfests with former WBO Champion Joseph Parker.

Comment

I am not impressed with Chisora's condition.

Chisora does carry weight very well, and can function.

But the 240's at this stage of his career, seems the optimal place to be 'If the fight was going the distance'.

Chisora ether bulls Pulev out of there in the first 5 rounds, or struggles over the distance etc.

Note: I don't just look at a number, and take that as a fighters overall condition. I usually look back at past fights, the specific weights for each fight and performances.

Chisora maybe is planning to bull Pulev out of there in the first half of the fight. That is what his condition suggests.
      Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 07-08-2022, 07:30 PM.

Comment

I have put a hefty wager ($5) on Pulev winning by TKO. I think Del Boys last fight is not a good indicator of how this ends. Pulev knocks out everyone but elites. I also think Del will not risk a decision knowing how he regularly gets ****ed by the judges and will go all out for the KO himself.

Comment

Chisora aged massively in the last 12 months. Looks like granddad these days.

Comment

Sadly, I think tonight is the end of Del Boy. Really wish we had gotten the Kownacki fight instead, that would have been a damn war and a 50/50 fight

Comment

1-0 super bantamweight prospect Yousuf Ibrahim kicking off the undercard

Comment

Also, of bigger note, a good back and forth fight going on in Russia right now between Patrick Teixeira and Magomed Kurbanov
                TMLT87 TMLT87 likes this.

Comment

Nas wannabe trying to be flash while getting tagged by some 1-6 bum.

Comment

Tex/Kurb a tough fight to score, feels about even with 4 to go (though I'm guessing the judges have it wide towards the Russian)

Comment

Working...
                    X