Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chisora: The Day A Young Man Troubles Me In Sparring Is Time For Me To Put The Gloves Down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chisora: The Day A Young Man Troubles Me In Sparring Is Time For Me To Put The Gloves Down

Derek Chisora has no intention of calling his boxing career quits until he finds himself slipping in the gym. In recent years, the popular British-based, Zimbabwe-born heavyweight veteran has had to deal with persistent calls to retire from the sport.
    [Click Here To Read More]

High bar. Even Floyd Sr. gives guys the business still.

Comment

Maybe he doesn't even spar with young men?

Comment

Sparing is sparing. You can still get old overnight in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Von Elias View Post
          Maybe he doesn't even spar with young men?
          When Chisora fought Usyk he offered his sparring partners a thousand dollars for anyone who could knock him down so they were going all out , I take it Chisora is one of those guys that’s not easy to deal with in sparring so fir him it probably is a gage .
          Charlie Zelenoff Charlie Zelenoff likes this.

Comment

so, by his own words he's getting battered the first 2 rounds when sparring young guys - in addition to what happens in later rounds of sparring and during pro fights - he needs to be having regular brain scans under supervision of a brain trauma expert

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
              so, by his own words he's getting battered the first 2 rounds when sparring young guys - in addition to what happens in later rounds of sparring and during pro fights - he needs to be having regular brain scans under supervision of a brain trauma expert
              Most A-Side guys give away the early rounds because it's like "show me what you got".

I remember Floyd was sparring someone...can't remember who it was, but he basically let the guy tee off while Floyd was blocking and evading 99% of what came in, talking trash at him the whole time. Then Floyd did his signature smile and started walking the guy down and beat the hell out of him.

Comment

that's Floyd - I doubt Chisora is evading 99% of what is coming in - be lucky if he evades 50%

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                  that's Floyd - I doubt Chisora is evading 99% of what is coming in - be lucky if he evades 50%
                  He probably blocks the vast majority, like Briggs.

Comment

Working...
                  X