Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayer: Choi Needs To Be Stripped Of Her Belt, She Does Nothing For This Era Of Women's Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayer: Choi Needs To Be Stripped Of Her Belt, She Does Nothing For This Era Of Women's Boxing

The path to junior lightweight supremacy was previously met with opposing viewpoints by Mikaela Mayer and Alycia Baumgardner. Mayer (17-0, 5KOs) has long gunned for the best in the division, eventually getting her wish as she will next face Baumgardner (12-1, 7KOs). Between the two, the WBC, IBF, WBO and IBO belts and vacant lineal championship will be at stake for their September 10 clash at The O2 in London.
    [Click Here To Read More]

From what I've seen of Choi in her fights, I don't think she'd give much challenge to either Alycia or Mikaela.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
      From what I've seen of Choi in her fights, I don't think she'd give much challenge to either Alycia or Mikaela.
      Definitely not. She's decent, but a level down from those too. Can't call Alycia vs Mikaela though. I have a feeling that when the fight ends, judges and fans will be divided on who won. Nash out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post

Definitely not. She's decent, but a level down from those too. Can't call Alycia vs Mikaela though. I have a feeling that when the fight ends, judges and fans will be divided on who won. Nash out.
        Agree about Alycia and Mikaela. Baumgardner has power but I wonder if we overrate it a bit based off the destruction of Harper. She has skills but Mikaela is a polished boxer and showed some grit against Hamadouche.

I'm pulling for Baumgardner but have a feeling it will be a close run thing.
        Nash out Nash out likes this.

Comment

Mayer tells no lies and better yet she isn’t afraid to let that faucet run. Looking forward to seeing her fight on ESPN

Comment

Fight her for it

Choi has been unlucky. She was supposed to have a unification with Harper but Harper pulled out and then wouldn’t reschedule. Harper fought Baumgardner instead, I think they thought it was an easier fight and she ended up getting cleaned out.

Choi was always on her Instagram seeming perplexed why Harper never rescheduled after pulling out first time and had been calling for the fight.

I don’t know how good Choi is but Harper didn’t seem to fancy , it and now her fellow champions are calling her to be stripped rather than calling her out to fight
            Last edited by deathofaclown; 07-09-2022, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X