No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Derek Chisora: I'm Not Retiring But I'm On My Way Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Derek Chisora: I'm Not Retiring But I'm On My Way Out

Derek Chisora's defeat to Joseph Parker last December was greeted with a chorus of people telling him to retire. The problem is, he's not listening.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Plenty to enjoy in this interview. Chisora makes boxing a better place.

Comment

****ing love this guy, but hope he comes out the other side of boxing ok

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post
        ****ing love this guy, but hope he comes out the other side of boxing ok
        How can people not love him! He’s a character, always in good fights.
        Although he has lost a few fights, he’s never really been beat that bad(apart from the last one against Parker)

P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Even if he beats Pulev, he must cherry pick his next opponent right. Fight somebody like Ortiz, Rice, Kownacki, Arreola.

Comment

I have a feeling he is going yo take a beating in this fight. His last few fights hes took way too many shots. Its only a matter of time before we see a big decline.

Hope I'm wrong tho chisora is a likeable character

Comment

Hope for a good fight, Pulev is a pretty well preserved 41 but this is definatley a fight between 2 guys in the last chance saloon.

Respect to Chisora though, very rarely has he dissapointed in the ring, win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by JayCho View Post

How can people not love him! He’s a character, always in good fights.
                Although he has lost a few fights, he’s never really been beat that bad(apart from the last one against Parker)

Yeah, that was a strange one. He looked totally outgunned in places, but at about the 2 min section of every round, even rounds he was knocked down in, he came back and wailed on Parker.

Horrific conditioning on display from both men, but the fighting spirit from Chisora was proper code of the bushido

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
                  Hope for a good fight, Pulev is a pretty well preserved 41 but this is definatley a fight between 2 guys in the last chance saloon.

Respect to Chisora though, very rarely has he dissapointed in the ring, win or lose.
                  I’m often railing against slugfests in boxing, but contradictorily love what this guy brings

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

I’m often railing against slugfests in boxing, but contradictorily love what this guy brings
                    I love Chisora. He's a once in a generation boxer, not in terms of ability, but it will be a long time before another man (the complete package of him) like this comes along in boxing to take Chisora's spot. He's a rare breed, and should also have Helenius, Whyte 1, and Parker 1 wins on his record. Very good CV then too. I admit though, he looked shot to bits in the Parker rematch. Hopefully one last hurrah tonight, and a win, and only a win, keeps the Chisora train moving imo.

Comment

Working...
                    X