Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vargas: Magsayo Didn't Shine Against Russell; Did What He Needed To Do To Prevail

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vargas: Magsayo Didn't Shine Against Russell; Did What He Needed To Do To Prevail

SAN ANTONIO - Rey Vargas wasn't exactly enthralled by Mark Magsayo's performance against Gary Russell Jr. The undefeated Filipino fighter dethroned boxing's longest-reigning champion by majority decision January 22 at Borgata Event Center in Atlantic City. Vargas, who will challenge Magsayo for his WBC featherweight title Saturday night, still came away more impressed with how an injured Russell remained competitive while basically boxing with one arm for eight-plus rounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I agree with Vargas on this one. I'm not sold on Mark just yet.

Comment

He won how he needed which is all that matters but no one thinks he beats a healthy Russell.

Comment

Magasayo is basicallya nobody and he came in and beat one of the longest reigning champs in the sport (yes, I know he only fought TBA once a year)

Russell claimed a mystery injury before the fight and got extra credit for "fighting hurt" - it was a bizarre setup to that fight. GRJ had legitimate family concerns at the time but I am skeptical of the injury that he made public but wouldnt disclose until he lost.

Magsayo still has a lot to learn, he drift off in his fights, but he performed very well against a guy who people always say was P4P
        Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 07-08-2022, 03:46 PM.
        KING S.O.G KING S.O.G likes this.

Comment

Working...
        X