Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chisora-Pulev Rematch, DAZN Undercard Weigh-In Results From London

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chisora-Pulev Rematch, DAZN Undercard Weigh-In Results From London

A brief moment of civility came during fight week for the rematch between Derek Chisora and Kubrat Pulev. Every fight week function has featured the veteran heavyweights going forehead-to-forehead, attempting to physically move each akin to a pair of rams. The pattern ceased Friday, as both calmly stared down the other immediately following their trip to the scales during Friday's final pre-fight weigh-in at Canary Wharf's East Wintergarden. The bout headlines a DAZN telecast Saturday evening from The O2 Arena in London. Chisora (32-12, 23KOs) arrived on site sporting a mask of recently resigned prime minister Boris Johnson, checking in at a beefy 258 weighed pounds. The former heavyweight title challenger from North London via Mbare, Zimbabwe was more than 12 pounds above his weight of 241 3/4 pounds in a May 2016 12-round split decision loss to Pulev, his lightest for any of his fights in the six years that has since passed.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wardley can dig. Be good to watch him fight when he's really tested. Looking forward to this card.

Comment

Originally posted by gooderz84 View Post
      Wardley can dig. Be good to watch him fight when he's really tested. Looking forward to this card.
      Last time I saw Wardley fight he was trying to pull his best Sergio Martinez impression by fighting with his hands down which was stupid looking. But I am glad to see Kingsley Ibeh back, he's fun to watch.
      gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

Oh, Wardley - Ibeh is a nice one.

Comment

Oh, joy. Great fight.

Comment

For their age and at this stage of their long careers it seems a decent match up to be fair but even the winner is at no more than stepping stone status here of which Del seems happy but I'm not so sure about Pulev should he lose.

Comment

Chisora is one of my favourites but i think it is the worst shape i seen him in quite awhile. By no means a fat tub of goo but still softer & heavier.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                Chisora is one of my favourites but i think it is the worst shape i seen him in quite awhile. By no means a fat tub of goo but still softer & heavier.
                Pulev looking fitter than usual, Chisora less fit. If if goes passed 5, Chisora will be hating life.

Pulev hasn’t got that big punch to put Chisora out of his misery either. He’ll be throwing that bone jarring jab till Chisora quits or the ref waves it off.

Comment

Chisora is coming from 3 losses , but against top 10 guys. But still he looked like an old man in his last Parker fight, but still survived.

So I am not sure what to think. 41 old Pulev is clearly not on Usyk or Parker level.

Comment

Working...
                  X