Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor: There's Nothing Stopping Catterall Rematch From Happening Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor: There's Nothing Stopping Catterall Rematch From Happening Now

WBO, IBF junior welterweight champion Josh Taylor insists that he's ready and willing to face Jack Catterall in a heated rematch. They met in the ring back in February, with Taylor getting dropped for the first time in his career but pulling off a controversial twelve round split decision.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Neither can turn down the money

Comment

Jack you better jump over the candlestick right into Josh Taylor's face, and take the rematch no matter what.
      I think that this fight might turn out to be even a better fight than their first fight was, with more action to prove who's the real champ.
      Then if josh remains in the 140 pound weight division, his next fight after should be against Zepeda who's a very god fighter in his own right.
      Even if Jack should should beat Josh, he too should have to defend against Zepeda next, who would give either one of the two all they can handle.
      I've got to give Josh Taylor the world of credit for finally accepting the rematch against Jack Catterall, in order to clear up any controversy from their first fight.
      gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

If he rematches Catterall, which this entire site demanded, half of this site will say he ducked Zepeda.

Comment

Salute to Joh Taylor! He did the right thing! Now, IBF, DO YOUR JOB! Matias vs. Ponce for the IBF title! MAN UP!

Comment

I thought Taylor would have ran from the rematch but he wants it badly it seems.

This may upset Catteral's confidence somewhat and shift the momentum back to Taylor.

Intriguing.

Comment

I never watched the first fight , but Ima assume Josh Taylor had an off night

it happens ...

expecting Taylor to redeem himself and win a decisive W

silence all the talk about avoiding Catterall
              Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

It was a close fight but I thought Taylor eked it out, expect him to win more decisively a second time around

Comment

The big issue is who is going to air the fight and where is it going to take place? Sky Sports is not putting on any Probellum fighters on their cards that I know of and Taylor can't travel stateside with his ties to Kinahan. All this sounds great and dandy, but I'm just not sure if it ends up taking place next.

Comment

Originally posted by arumhaymonhearn View Post
                    I never watched the first fight , but Ima assume Josh Taylor had an off night

it happens ...

expecting Taylor to redeem himself and win a decisive W

silence all the talk about avoiding Catterall
                    I think it was an off-night as well. Taylor looked terrible in that fight after having looked soo good against much higher level competition. Taking nothing away from Catterall, I think he came up against a weight-drained JT who clearly had a lot of nerves fighting for the first time in front of a home crowd as champion. If he manages his weight well this time, I expect a dominant win for Taylor. Catterall is a bit awkward, but, overall, he's very basic. We'll see how it goes. Hoping that it happens either so these guys can sort it out once and for all.
                    Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X