Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Magsayo: I Already Beat The Best Fighter at 126 in Gary Russell Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Magsayo: I Already Beat The Best Fighter at 126 in Gary Russell Jr.

WBC featherweight world champion Mark "Magnifico" Magsayo is not expecting a toe to toe fight when he makes a mandatory defense against former world champion Rey Vargas this Saturday, July 9 headlining live on Showtime from the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas in a Premier Boxing Champions event.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He barely scraped by a one-armed fighter. Vargas by wide UD
    STREET CLEANER STREET CLEANER likes this.

Comment

Magsayo by close MD

Comment

But did you really? We have to get a rematch!

Comment

Any chance Magsayo fights Leo Santa Cruz?

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
            Any chance Magsayo fights Leo Santa Cruz?
            Probably next
            JQside jqSide likes this.

Comment

Magsayo is not an easy out for anyone.

Comment

I might be in the minority but I didn't think Mark was amazing against Gary Russell Jr. I think Gary even had an arm injury if I recall and he still gave Mark a good fight. Mark kind of won the fight in my eyes by a thin line.

I don't think this will be an easy fight for him but it should be a lot more exciting than the GRJ fight was.

Comment

GRJ was hardly the best in the division when Masayo beat him, his 6-year reign was laughable, he fought none of the other top fighters, and when he fought a top fighter was embarrassed. Navarrete would have stopped him and Vargas would have won a very clear decision.

Now Masayo handily beat Russell who has always been a one-trick pony but I feel Vargas has enough dimensions and size to beat Masayo 9-3. Masayo has a puncher's chance at most.

Comment

Magsayo can't afford to think like that. Whether or not GRJ was #1 is whatever - he beat Russell handily but it was another fight where he started to drift away mentally during stretches of the fight.

I didn't know what to expect prior to that fight.l But as I watched itt, and seeing how small and rusty GRJ looked, I left feeling like Magsayo maybe could have done even better if he was 100% focused 100% of the time.
                    Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 07-06-2022, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X