Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rey Vargas: My Goal is To Dominate Mark Magsayo, Bring Title Back To Mexico

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rey Vargas: My Goal is To Dominate Mark Magsayo, Bring Title Back To Mexico

WBC featherweight world champion Mark "Magnifico" Magsayo and former world champion Rey Vargas will collide this Saturday, July 9 headlining live on Showtime from the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas in a Premier Boxing Champions event.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I still remember the back and forth that Julio Ceja and Mark put on last year, I hope this one is just as good. I can't believe that no one is talking about this important WBC title defense for Mark Magsayo and a great opportunity for undefeat former champ Rey Vargas, and it's only three days away.

Brandon Figueroa, Rashidi Ellis and even fighting on the undercard against some decent competition, crickets.

Thanks boxingscene casuals, you suck.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

I still remember the back and forth that Julio Ceja and Mark put on last year, I hope this one is just as good. I can't believe that no one is talking about this important WBC title defense for Mark Magsayo and a great opportunity for undefeat former champ Rey Vargas, and it's only three days away.

Brandon Figueroa, Rashidi Ellis and even fighting on the undercard against some decent competition, crickets.

Thanks boxingscene casuals, you suck.
      Who do you have winning in the main event?

I'm undecided between a draw and Magsayo stoppage (perhaps on cuts... Vargas has been weak around the orbits)

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post

Who do you have winning in the main event?

I'm undecided between a draw and Magsayo stoppage (perhaps on cuts... Vargas has been weak around the orbits)
        I'm slightly leaning towards Rey Vargas by majority decision based on : skills, a proven ability to survive, and experience in championship rounds. I'm not sold on the Gary Russell jr. win for Magsayo considering the circumstances : the long lay 2 year layoff for Russell jr. , the torn shoulder, forcing him to fight with one-arm, but more importantly Gary Russell Sr. ( R.I.P ) having his foot amputated during that time.

But then you got to wonder how is Rey Varga's leg doing, I forget which one he had broken. It is one of those fights that include immeasurable variables that even makes the bookies offer even odds.

Edit : also, good look on the cuts.

Comment

Impressive speed and has won all his fights convincingly despite being knocked down and hurt in multiple occasions, he hasn't knocked anybody for about 5 years and likes to trade which puts him in a disadvantage against Magsayo but who know he might rejuvenate since he is moving up.

He might also be the last champion that Nacho Beristain makes considering his age.
          1hourRun 1hourRun likes this.

Comment

Magsayo is a natural 126, so he's more powerful... Vargas is a good fighter, but so boring to watch with an ugly style. Plus he's only fought once in almost 3 years

Magsayo by close decision
            1hourRun 1hourRun Marvin Santiago Marvin S like this.

Comment

Rey Vargas needs to keep Mark "Magnifico" Magsayo on neutral or second gear, Vargas cant not afford to engage Magsayo and permit the activity to increase. Such was the case vs. a rusty Gary Russell jr. who was once considered to have the quickest hands in boxing, so you can reason why Mark excelled with that type of style.

Like others have mentioned, Rey Vargas needs to fight 'boring' haha, keep it long and spoil Mark Magsayo's efforts. The same way he ( Vargas ) been doing it.
              KING S.O.G KING S.O.G likes this.

Comment

Haven't seen nacho in years , last time he looked ancient lol. I wonder how competent he'll be in training Vargas?

Comment

Magsayo fought a one-armed Russell, there's a possibility Magsayo will battle it out with one-legged Vargas ... lol
                  1hourRun 1hourRun likes this.

Comment

Working...
                  X