Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Demand For Canelo-Golovkin III 'Has Remained', Says DAZN Exec

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Demand For Canelo-Golovkin III 'Has Remained', Says DAZN Exec

NEW YORK-The rivalry between Canelo Alvarez and Gennadiy Golovkin has not lost its luster with the public, insists an executive at DAZN.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Most dazn events involving Canelo have bombed. This is why they changed the format to Ppv, which they previously said was dead. They needed to find a way to pay him his overpriced guarantee. The bivol fight only sold around half of what they projected, so they’re hoping the rivalry with ggg will help the Ppv numbers. The reality is, this fight will sell less than the first two because there is less intrigue and dazn is just not very good at promoting boxing in the us.

Comment

“I think the intrigue is probably different to what it was two or three years ago,” Markowski said. “If you had asked me six, three months ago if boxing fans cared about this fight as much as they did three years ago, the answer is probably not."

No one who knows the sport, cares about this fight as much as they did 3 years ago! A Canelo loss did not change that, nor did GGG's win over Murata! Maybe if GGG had beaten Charlo, Benavidez, or Andrade, it would be different?

Comment

lil G is old. safe fight for clenelo. the coward will retire after this meaningless scam.

Comment

Basically bumlovkin having fought a bunch of nobodiesnhis whole life makes this fight boring and pointless the guy fought canelo 3x but refused to fight anyone else no one cares about bumlovkin
          Charlie Zelenoff Charlie Zelenoff likes this.

Comment

It's crazy how ppl go about Canelo not rematching GGG right away and waiting years for the 3rd fight as to age GGG. Go look at all the Manny/Marquez fights, Manny waited years for those rematches and ppl are okay with that, even after Marquez KOd him, they complained cause Marquez didn't give him a rematch

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              “I think the intrigue is probably different to what it was two or three years ago,” Markowski said. “If you had asked me six, three months ago if boxing fans cared about this fight as much as they did three years ago, the answer is probably not."

No one who knows the sport, cares about this fight as much as they did 3 years ago! A Canelo loss did not change that, nor did GGG's win over Murata! Maybe if GGG had beaten Charlo, Benavidez, or Andrade, it would be different?
              Nah, mate: get what you’re saying, but I’m still pumped for this, though triple G looked vulnerable vs Múrata and Devreychenko (spelling?)

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

Nah, mate: get what you’re saying, but I’m still pumped for this, though triple G looked vulnerable vs Múrata and Devreychenko (spelling?)
                But are you as pumped as you would have been 3 years ago, before Dervy and Murata, and before Canelo lost to Bivol?

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                  lil G is old. safe fight for clenelo. the coward will retire after this meaningless scam.
                  Good point - could happen. I could see Canelo beating GGG in September, fighting Ryder in England in Dec or January 2023 and then claiming he’s happy with his accomplishments and looking forward to becoming a pro golfer

Comment

Gotta love how Canelo haters on the one hand criticize GGG for his resume, but want either of them to fight Charlo, Benavidez, neither of whom have even remotely as good of a resume. Golovkin is a likely HOF. Charlo, Benavidez, and Andrade, not a chance. No consistency in logic whatsoever. And you talk about resume specifically to hate on the fighter with the best resume of any active fighter in the sport.
                    Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X