Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mark Magsayo: There's Gonna Be A Knockout If Rey Vargas Is Not Gonna Run Too Much

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mark Magsayo: There's Gonna Be A Knockout If Rey Vargas Is Not Gonna Run Too Much

By Keith Idec - Mark Magsayo hopes he is wrong, but the unbeaten WBC featherweight champion expects that he'll have to chase after Rey Vargas during their 12-round title fight Saturday night. Vargas' history suggests that he won't engage with a puncher like Magsayo, who will make the first defense of the 126-pound championship he won from Gary Russell Jr.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Just asking to be outboxed, he's basically admitting he struggles with good movers.
    Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Mark Magsayo vs. Rey Vargas is one the upcoming fights that I look forward to most. There are interesting elements leading to this contest, that might become the most difficult of Mark's career. The fact that Mark Magasayo brutally KO fellow Mexican Julio Ceja in a 2019 KOTY contender is probably motivating Vargas to avenge this one for Mexico; the Filipino vs. Mexico rivalry usually delivers great action.

: coincidentally, Julio Ceja was upset by Franklin Manzanilla in 2018 for the WBC 'Silver' Bantamweight title, and Franklin Manzanilla almost followed his successful momentum against Vargas the same year that Magsayo destroyed Ceja.

The odds reflect a fight close to 50-50, but the lame casuals that frequent the boxingscene don't know sht, to be able to appreciate a real good fight.
      KING S.O.G KING S.O.G likes this.

Comment

Rey Vargas fights the same way he looks, ugly.

I doubt Magsayo wins or looks good beating him.

Comment

War Magsayo
          1hourRun 1hourRun likes this.

Comment

I think Mark will win, probably by TKO, but I'm still rooting for my countryman Vargas!

Comment

Is this the guy whose promoter/manager is Maidana?

Where is that guy, btw? Can't be. He's Argentinian.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
                Is this the guy whose promoter/manager is Maidana?

Where is that guy, btw? Can't be. He's Argentinian.
                I think he's with MP promotions (Pacquiao/Gibbons)

----------------
                This is a decent fight because Vargas is a veteran and Magsayo goes in-and-out of focus during his fights. I think there is still some untapped potential with Magsayo as he improves his ring IQ/experience.

Even this quote is kinda like, please just stand there and bang with me. There is a loose Pacquiao/JMM connection in this fight and I wonder if Magsayo is aware enough to know Nacho is Vargas' trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post

I think he's with MP promotions (Pacquiao/Gibbons)
                  I checked and I'm now referring to that guy Fernando Martinez who made a good showing vs Jerwin Ancajas.
                  Yeah, Martinez who is with Maidana Promotions. Just wondering where he is and when his next fight will be.

Comment

i hate when fighters say shiiet like this!!!

you know he's a runner, you have all that time to train for it.

Comment

Working...
                    X