Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jeremias Ponce Wants IBF Shot, Examining Josh Taylor Situation Very Closely

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jeremias Ponce Wants IBF Shot, Examining Josh Taylor Situation Very Closely

Argentine boxer Jeremias Ponce is paying very close attention to the world title situation with unified junior welterweight champion Josh Taylor. Alberto Zacarias, the manager of Ponce, his boxer should be moved in position to fight for the title with Taylor's recent vacancies.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The last part saved him. It sounded like a duck at first, but of course, elevate the fight to trinket level. I don't see any more money in it, just sparkle, but its a tough fight. Watchers are going to watch.
    boxfamof5 boxfamof5 likes this.

Comment

Suppose it makes sense really. Taylor only has 2 of the titles now and he satisfied WBO mandatory last fight, so.its IBF next.

Comment

The IBF does not recognize interim championships, but in this case it was feasible and very understandable, due to Taylor's condition of having all the belts, but now the situation is no longer the same, and I think that Ponce should have as the regulations say - his chance as a mandatory challenger. If the IBF stopped recognizing Taylor [as their champion], then the fight with Matías could be made, but for the regular championship, which also modifies the conditions of the boxers' purses and everything else."
        Jeremiah Ponce recognizes what this devil Josh Taylor is doing, screwing his career ; like the 'Tartan-TornA$$hole' done Jack Catterall and Jose Zepeda.
        KING S.O.G KING S.O.G likes this.

Comment

I'm hoping Taylor defends his WBO title, and we get Matias vs. Ponce for the IBF title! Should we get Taylor vs. Ponce instead, then hopefully we get an even BETTER fight, Matias vs. Prograis on PBC! MAN UP!

Regis Prograis expresses frustration he’s not been given a chance to fight for vacant world titles

July 1, 2022

There’s currently two vacant world titles at 140 lbs after news broke that Josh Taylor would be giving up his WBC title, which has now been ordered to be filled in a fight between Jose Ramirez and Jose Zepeda.

Regis Prograis, however, doesn’t seem to be in the mix right now for either the WBC nor the WBA titles — the latter of which Taylor vacated or was stripped of in May — and he can’t for the life of him figure out why he’s not being given a chance to contend for a belt.

“Now y’all tell me this, answer me this,” Prograis began in a video he posted to his Twitter account. How is two titles vacant, two ****in’ titles vacant, and I’m not fighting for either one of ‘em? That **** don’t make sense. I was supposed to fight for the WBA, you saw what they did, right? And now the WBC, they got Ramirez and Jose Zepeda fighting each other. And how am I not even in the mix?

First off, my last fight was a mandatory. If you know what mandatory means, that means I’m supposed to be next, I’m supposed to be right there, next. What the **** is going on, bro? Like, for real, what is going on? How am I not fighting for either one of them? That **** is insane. Like, this **** is not making sense, it’s insane, bro. I don’t even know what to say, bro. Somebody fix this, please.”

Prograis (27-1, 23 KO) was a former WBA world titleholder at 140 until he lost a close majority to Josh Taylor in the WBSS finals.

Prograis has won three straight fights since then and believed he should be closing right back in on another shot at a major title shot once Taylor’s belts were fractured, but he’s not aligned with any major power brokers in the business and that seems to only be serving to leave him out in the cold for the time being.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2022/7/1...xing-news-2022
          Last edited by Bronx2245; 07-06-2022, 05:29 AM.
          kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

Working...
          X