Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shields-Marshall, Mayer-Baumgardner Sept. 10 Doubleheader Lands On Sky Sports and ESPN+

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shields-Marshall, Mayer-Baumgardner Sept. 10 Doubleheader Lands On Sky Sports and ESPN+

Two heated rivalries will come to a head Saturday, Sept. 10 in a historic championship doubleheader at the O2 Arena in London. The previously announced main event will see two-time Olympic gold medalist Claressa Shields, the WBC/WBA/IBF/Ring Magazine middleweight champion, aim to once again become undisputed at 160 pounds by facing longtime rival and WBO titleholder Savannah Marshall. Shields and Marshall faced off as amateurs, with Marshall edging Shields by decision at the 2012 AIBA Women's World Championships in Qinhuangdao, China. Shields went 77-1 as an amateur and is the only female boxer to win undisputed titles in two weight classes. In the co-feature, Mikaela Mayer will look to get one step closer to becoming the first undisputed champ in her division by putting her WBO/IBF/Ring Magazine junior lightweight titles on the line against WBC champion Alycia Baumgardner.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 07-05-2022, 10:59 AM.
    DFM DFM likes this.

Comment

Excellent, I look forward to seeing this one

Comment

Good card. Shields and Mayer should win by decision.
        Charlie Zelenoff Charlie Zelenoff likes this.

Comment

Thought Marshall was from Irish but I guess she is a traveler too. Does she have the goods like Tyson or is she Hammer 2.0, too little output/activity and will allow Shields on the inside to out work her?

Comment

Great card. These cat fights are gonna be crazy

Comment

If these fights are so big as my fellow posters are saying , why in the uk and not the us ? … just asking for an honest answer ,

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post
                Thought Marshall was from Irish but I guess she is a traveler too. Does she have the goods like Tyson or is she Hammer 2.0, too little output/activity and will allow Shields on the inside to out work her?
                Hard to say for sure. She does have some stylistic similarities to Fury - as one might expect from being a protege of Peter - an awkward ungainly style that ain't exactly pleasing on the eye but has proved very effective thus far, plus power that appears exceptional for the women's sport (over 50% KOs at any level is unusual in the women's sport 80+% is off the charts with only Rijker to my knowlege being close)... but she also ain't really fought anyone who would be expected to test her either so it's real hard to make a confident call on her ability.
                Fact Fact likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Buggy bear View Post
                  If these fights are so big as my fellow posters are saying , why in the uk and not the us ? … just asking for an honest answer ,
                  t don’t think Marshall wants to travel but not sure

Comment

Originally posted by Buggy bear View Post
                    I’d say it’s because Sky Sports is in the UK, and both fighters are signed with Boxxer/Sky. Plus Peter Fury is banned from going to the US. He tried a few years back and was denied a visa. Fury has been on record saying a rematch could happen in the US, without him in Marshall’s corner on the night

Comment

Working...
                    X