Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Celebrating Independence With America's Best Championship Fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Celebrating Independence With America's Best Championship Fighters

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - It's neither America's Pastime nor its most popular sport. Come to think of it, boxing these days remains several notches down the list here at home - outside of the fleeting moments when a truly transcendent fighter emerges or event occurs.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sorry, Lyle, nothing personal against you. I disagree. Means crap to me.

July 4th in the States and 1st in Canada have no energy, no vibe, for me.
    I call these dates Colonial Consolidation Day. I don't personally celebrate these days.

The African Americans shouldn't be representing it.
    The D3vil The D3vil baroidi baroidi like this.

Comment

Maybe Holyfield will represent. An Uncle Tom.
      baroidi baroidi likes this.

Comment

It's hard to know who is colonizing who these days, but what I do know is USA and it's "allies" are neither independent nor free. It's like the American Eagle has it's talons in the G7 countries eyes, but then a Mysterious Octopus has it's tentacles all over the USA!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

I call these dates Colonial Consolidation Day. I don't personally celebrate these days.

Now I get why you are so big on Tank. He better represents a segment of black american culture than say someone like Danny Jacobs-who seems (I don't know him) more aligned to mainstream American values.

I can understand the bitterness, frustration and even desperation - but the way I see it, the US looks more divided than ever now. Civil war looms in your lifetime and if that happens every single American person will be worse off.

Comment

Originally posted by PredatorStyle View Post
            It's hard to know who is colonizing who these days, but what I do know is USA and it's "allies" are neither independent nor free. It's like the American Eagle has it's talons in the G7 countries eyes, but then a Mysterious Octopus has it's tentacles all over the USA!
            nice metaphors. I think the issue is that there are physical adversaries and ideological adversaries. America is corroding from the inside due to being almost ungovernable. This current torpor and dissatisfaction will be nothing though compared to war. So better to resolve differences now, or at least patch them up, and then assume a role of responsible world leadership - which has been, is and will be a joke, but better than anything that Russia or China can offer.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              By Lyle Fitzsimmons - It's neither America's Pastime nor its most popular sport. Come to think of it, boxing these days remains several notches down the list here at home - outside of the fleeting moments when a truly transcendent fighter emerges or event occurs.
              [Click Here To Read More]
              I would drop Aaron Pryor and replace him with Michael Spinks, Bernard Hopkins, or even Mike Tyson.
              TheOneAboveAll TheOneAboveAll likes this.

Comment

Michael Spinks should have definitely been on it.

I know I am in the minority here, but I rank him higher than Evander on all-time lists.

Aaron Pryor does get elevated too high based on the Arguello fights.

I would rank Andre Ward higher than Pryor.

Comment

Oscar dont make the cut? Corrales??

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

Nobody cares if you don't want to play. There is no such thing as an African-American, just Americans.

Comment

Working...
                    X