Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jai Opetaia, Once Healed, May Target Lawrence Okolie, Says Promoter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jai Opetaia, Once Healed, May Target Lawrence Okolie, Says Promoter

Newly crowned IBF cruiserweight world champion Jai Opetaia, once healed, will be hunting for the biggest fights possible in his weight class. On Saturday night at the Gold Coast Convention Centre in Australia, Opetaia came in as a big underdog and shocked the world by outboxing Mairis Briedis over twelve rounds to secure a unanimous decision to capture the IBF strap.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That's a matchup I'd love to see. Okolie is a tough night for anyone at CW because of his physical attributes. Opetaia impressed me a great deal even if Mairis may be a bit shopworn.

Comment

Jai Opetaia is like the Eroll Spence of cruiserweights. Opetaia's jaw is shattered, it pains me to think what a P4P puncher like Lawrence Okolie would do after the damage that Briedis inflicted on the new lineal champ.

Comment

Wasserman was mentioning .................................................. ..... rematch clause ..............................................

Comment

Opetaia and Lawrence for all the marbles. Get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
            Wasserman was mentioning .................................................. ..... rematch clause ..............................................
            where ?

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
              That's a matchup I'd love to see. Okolie is a tough night for anyone at CW because of his physical attributes. Opetaia impressed me a great deal even if Mairis may be a bit shopworn.
              That's the only fight right now for Okolie in CW division. If he wins that, especially if he wins well, he has to go up and join the big boys at HW. CW does not have the fanbase, commercial value or respect HW has, and Okolie is a giant, so let's see how he does at HW if he cleans up at CW. Nash out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post

That's the only fight right now for Okolie in CW division. If he wins that, especially if he wins well, he has to go up and join the big boys at HW. CW does not have the fanbase, commercial value or respect HW has, and Okolie is a giant, so let's see how he does at HW if he cleans up at CW. Nash out.
                When Okolie first mentioned a possible move to HW, I didn't think he could find success (I still had his fight against Matty Askin in my memory). Now I'm not sure, maybe he could do well at HW. Other than Opetaia, I'm not sure anyone can potentially threaten him. CBS is too basic, Riakporhe too raw, Makabu doesn't really bring any buzz and I don't see him being a threat anyway.
                Nash out Nash out likes this.

Comment

Okolie looks huge for the weightclass i just wonder how long he can stay at cruiserweight to wait for this fight

Comment

I heard Lonergan wanted to match him with Jason Whateley next.

Comment

Working...
                    X