Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford Dismisses Spence Comparison In Their Wins Over Porter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Crawford Dismisses Spence Comparison In Their Wins Over Porter

Terence 'Bud' Crawford doesn't see the need to compare past performances to gauge how well he would do against Errol Spence. Enough time has passed since Crawford's arrival at welterweight four years ago to where such a fight would now be for the division's undisputed championship crown.
    [Click Here To Read More]

“I never got hit by [Spence]. I don’t know how hard he hit,” admits Crawford. “He never got hit by me, so he don’t know how hard I hit. But that won’t determine who wins. You don’t determine the winner and loser by who punches harder."
    Well, Bud, that's exactly how NSB determines winners. So...unless there's a stoppage or knockout, they're going to score the fight on power shots and facial damage.

Comment

His welterweight resume besides an already on the way out Shawn Porter is just awful compared to Spence. I only gauge Crawford by the eye test really since his resume at welterweight isn't much to go by. Credit to him though for ending those fights but Spence is just more battle tested and I 'll favor him slightly if the fight does go down. Much bigger and physically imposing. Crawford though could do more and has more dimensions judging by the eye. Maybe it become a Hagler Lenard 1 type fight. Guess we 'll see.
      landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

Well, Bud, that's exactly how NSB determines winners. So...unless there's a stoppage or knockout, they're going to score the fight on power shots and facial damage.
        Liver shot debunks that whole facial damage theory. I get it, you like Rocky movies and yes they are fun but they are not a documentary, they're acting.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlout View Post
          His welterweight resume besides an already on the way out Shawn Porter is just awful compared to Spence. I only gauge Crawford by the eye test really since his resume at welterweight isn't much to go by. Credit to him though for ending those fights but Spence is just more battle tested and I 'll favor him slightly if the fight does go down. Much bigger and physically imposing. Crawford though could do more and has more dimensions judging by the eye. Maybe it become a Hagler Lenard 1 type fight. Guess we 'll see.
          Styles make fights, Spence vs Crawford may be the best welterweight match-up in a decade.

Comment

Well.... first maybe sign the actual fight first? Then we can begin the debate.

We have been hoping for this fight since Joshua and Wilder ruled the HW division. That seems like decades ago.

Sign. The. Fight.
            Motofan Motofan FLY TY FLY TY like this.

Comment

I really like what Crawford said. The guy really understands boxing.
              Im really looking forward to their fight. My personal opinion is that BOTH men can whip each other. Just depends on how they feel that day. I feel Spence will win the FIRST MEETING on points. I think Crawford will win by KO on their second fight. I also think a Third fight would be a toss up.

Comment

All I want know is if PBC has reached out to him to make the fight?? Seems like a simple enough question to ask.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post
                  All I want know is if PBC has reached out to him to make the fight?? Seems like a simple enough question to ask.....
                  Had they not, I'm sure you would have heard about it by now.

They're ironing out the details.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post

Liver shot debunks that whole facial damage theory. I get it, you like Rocky movies and yes they are fun but they are not a documentary, they're acting.
                    I said NSB scores that way.

I score on what people should be scoring with - all four. Which favor Spence. Especially defense.

Comment

Working...
                    X