Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn on Canelo-GGG III: This Is The Only Time To Make This Trilogy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn on Canelo-GGG III: This Is The Only Time To Make This Trilogy

NEW YORK-Eddie Hearn just knew that the window for making a potentially iconic trilogy was fast closing. Hearn, the head of Matchroom Boxing, is the promoter of the upcoming third bout between sworn rivals Canelo Alvarez, the undisputed champion at 168, and Gennadiy Golovkin, the unified middleweight titlist on Sept. 17 on DAZN Pay-Per-View at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The fight will be staged at 168, the division in which Alvarez has all four major belts.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Should be a good fight
    Last edited by MANNY67; 07-03-2022, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Since Hearn has failed miserably in his attempt to cross over to the US, he will go along with anything Canelo does to keep him happy. He knows that he and dazn wanted this rematch sooner. He knows that the best time to have this rematch was shortly offer the controversial “win” canelo received in the rematch. Not 4 yrs later when ggg is 40 and clearly nowhere close to the fighter he used to be. The interest in this fight is not comparable to the first two and will do much worse on Ppv. Especially with Hearn and dazn being the promotor/ tv provider.
      Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
        Since Hearn has failed miserably in his attempt to cross over to the US, he will go along with anything Canelo does to keep him happy. He knows that he and dazn wanted this rematch sooner. He knows that the best time to have this rematch was shortly offer the controversial “win” canelo received in the rematch. Not 4 yrs later when ggg is 40 and clearly nowhere close to the fighter he used to be. The interest in this fight is not comparable to the first two and will do much worse on Ppv. Especially with Hearn and dazn being the promotor/ tv provider.
        maybe jab, but the ending will be much better on the trilogy. Ggg is getting retired!

Comment

Poor Canelo. Wanted to rematch Bivol - Hearn convinced him not to. Had a personal beef with GGG - could only find one opportunity in 4 years to fight GGG literally at the end of his career. Nothing seems to go the way the biggest star of boxing wants. Poor Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
            maybe jab, but the ending will be much better on the trilogy. Ggg is getting retired!
            most likely, which is why the fight should’ve happened earlier, if you’re a fan of competitive fights.

Comment

Sorry Edward, the right time was immediately after the rematch. But Saul cried, b!tched and whined about being called out for pissin dirty!

Comment

Au contraire, Eddie, boxing fans know when the 3rd fight was relevant. but Alvarez chose Fielding instead of G and who can blame him? Risk-reward made the Fielding fight a no-brainer.
                Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                  most likely, which is why the fight should’ve happened earlier, if you’re a fan of competitive fights.
                  True, however… even in defeat, if ggg can give a good acct of himself, that would solidify him as a hof in my opinion and if he somehow wins he’s an ATG! ALOT is riding on this fight for ggg as far as legacy goes because he can improve it. A victory for canelo does not do much for his legacy and a defeat for ggg doesn’t hurt his either. But, i would be pleasantly surprised if ggg gives a good account of himself… he will shut me up, and I’ll never criticize him again if he does that, and like I said, in my opinion, he can accomplish that even in defeat… the “how” matters

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                    True, however… even in defeat, if ggg can give a good acct of himself, that would solidify him as a hof in my opinion and if he somehow wins he’s an ATG! ALOT is riding on this fight for ggg as far as legacy goes because he can improve it. A victory for canelo does not do much for his legacy and a defeat for ggg doesn’t hurt his either. But, i would be pleasantly surprised if ggg gives a good account of himself… he will shut me up, and I’ll never criticize him again if he does that, and like I said, in my opinion, he can accomplish that even in defeat… the “how” matters
                    if canelo wins, all he really does is close the chapter. But I agree with what you said about ggg, win, lose or draw, if he is able to turn back the clock and put up a competitive effort, it helps his career outlook which otherwise has primarily been based on canelo.

Comment

Working...
                    X