Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer: I Knew Jai Opetaia Had The Skill To Outbox Mairis Briedis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Trainer: I Knew Jai Opetaia Had The Skill To Outbox Mairis Briedis

Mark Wilson, the head trainer of newly crowned world champion Jai Opetaia, had no idea his boxer's jaw was broken for at least nine rounds in Saturday's title fight with Mairis Briedis.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't know about his jaw being broken for nine rounds. Obviously, he would know best, but it appeared to me that it wasn't until Briedis landed that walloping uppercut mid-fight that his jaw looked wacked. Whatever the case, I actually didn't have Jai winning. Briedis started to have momentum in the seventh round and then built on that. I think he lost the 11th round but other than that, I had Briedis getting the later rounds. Plus, the early rounds, from round one to three were swing rounds. I couldn't decide who to give a round to in the beginning, so I just gave them 10-10s. I think a draw would have been fair. But just imagine had there been another round? There's no way Jai would have made it another round.

Anyway, this was a fantastic fight. I was really surprised. I didn't know anything about Jai Opetaia, and when they described him as a prodigy coming up the ranks, I thought this was going to be rough for Briedis, and sure enough, it was really rough. That being said, I'm not sure if Opetaia is going to be the same man after that beating. He was really hurt, especially from round 10 to 12. I hope I'm wrong. Now that I know who he is, I won't miss any of this fights.

Comment

Working...
    X