Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: Dream Was Always To Be Three-Division Champ, Perfect Time To Go Up To 154

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: Dream Was Always To Be Three-Division Champ, Perfect Time To Go Up To 154

A new weight division to conquer was always in the cards from the moment Danny Garcia was ready to resume his career. The former lineal junior welterweight champion and WBC welterweight titlist is now set to take on the best challenges that await the junior middleweight division. His debut comes more than 19 months after his December 2020 twelve-round, unanimous decision defeat to unified welterweight champ Errol Spence Jr. (28-0, 22KOs), which he viewed as his last piece of business in the division.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Fighters seem to think that once they’re careers stalls and stagnates, they seem to think changing a division will make them relevant again. No way he beats Charlo or even a fundora at 154. I dunno what’s left for Garcia. Probs better to retire and enjoy money made.
    siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

Danny was last good at 140

He was just a resume builder for the better fighters at 147

He will be even worse at 154.

He SHOULD be thinking "maybe I should move back to 140" but whoops he is 34 past his best and cant make weight at his best division anymore. Its over, he has to be carefully matched to get wins.
      Motofan Motofan likes this.

Comment

The day before weigh in rule, creates a illusion surrounding multiple weight world champions.

Would Garcia have been a Multi Weight world champion in the 1970's?

I admire his attitude and ambition, but the game has change. It has got easier.

I think they need to bring back the same day weigh in rule.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadMan94 View Post
          Fighters seem to think that once they’re careers stalls and stagnates, they seem to think changing a division will make them relevant again. No way he beats Charlo or even a fundora at 154. I dunno what’s left for Garcia. Probs better to retire and enjoy money made.
          I think it's more that it's harder to make the weight and killing themselves to get to 140 at that age would be worse than fighting slightly heavier opponents.

I like how Garcia says he fought the best at 147 and didn't mention that he lost to every one of them and arguably wasn't even competitive.

Comment

147 is Garcia's limit. And he barely has enough power at that class. His strengths are his heart and corner.

Comment

I hate to say it but honestly, Garcia's only real good win in my eyes that was like, woa, (OKAY MAYBE TWO), was beating Khan after he himself got beat up for 3 1/2 rds real bad. Then beating Lucas. That's about it.
              cruz1383 cruz1383 likes this.

Comment

I don't think 154 is such a bad move if you really think about it. 154 is a weaker division (fighter wise) compared to 147 and that's a fact. He'll be able to rack up some good wins with ok fighters and then get beat like he did in the 147 division when he steps up past his limits and then call it a day. similar to what Cotto did after his loss to Pacman.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                  I hate to say it but honestly, Garcia's only real good win in my eyes that was like, woa, (OKAY MAYBE TWO), was beating Khan after he himself got beat up for 3 1/2 rds real bad. Then beating Lucas. That's about it.
                  In retrospect, just the Matthysse fight. Khan turned out to be so glass-chinned that any decent fighter could take him out. Pathetic, really. Danny was never anything close to special; he did a lot with what he had. Smart fighter — I’ll give him that.

Comment

Only one division he was the champ at. He was a titleholder in the other.

Comment

Working...
                    X